Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

Everyone is fully entitled to their opinion, and to each their own. My only point was that often folks like to use their LEO/military experience as a way to invalidate everyone else's opinion, and in my experience those tend to be some of the least qualified to do so.
The shooter heard the bullet impact at that distance? Really? Not berating just voicing an opinion, when I post a shot at 200 here on varmints I take criticism, public forum grow some skin or don't post.

The shooter heard the bullet impact at that distance? Really? Not berating just voicing an opinion, when I post a shot at 200 here on varmints I take criticism, public forum grow some skin or don't post.
That was the guide that said "sounded like a hit". The guy behind the spotter running the video. Possible to hear I believe. We hear hits at 1000 punching holes through targets that are backed with heavy cardboard when we run suppressed.

That was the guide that said "sounded like a hit". The guy behind the spotter running the video. Possible to hear I believe. We hear hits at 1000 punching holes through targets that are backed with heavy cardboard when we run suppressed.
Wind direction can make a big difference on sound opportunities as well.

I run everything suppressed, in my scenarios a hit at 400 is usually always undetectable, different terrain.

RULE

This board was created for the expressed purpose of discussing the methods, equipment and techniques of Long Range Hunting without the burden of discussing or debating ethics. Although we all individually have ethics and limitations on what we consider correct WE DO NOT discuss nor will we tolerate discussions of ethics on this site. We are here to learn and share methods, techniques and equipment ideas.

I would be more surprised by not hearing it with a goat against a hill sloping up like that in those conditions. I don't run suppressed and hearing the hit at range is pretty much a given. Maybe your terrain is different than we have our you just aren't used to it.

RULE

This board was created for the expressed purpose of discussing the methods, equipment and techniques of Long Range Hunting without the burden of discussing or debating ethics. Although we all individually have ethics and limitations on what we consider correct WE DO NOT discuss nor will we tolerate discussions of ethics on this site. We are here to learn and share methods, techniques and equipment ideas.
Okay , for lack of better wording skepticism might or might not have been a better word choice,as far as methods mine work,my pronghorn and a friends last year,mine taken at 550 yards,one shot kill,270,my friends at 400 plus , and the wind was brisk.Picture perfect shot placement at 1/4 mile.

Attachments

• wph.jpeg
    wph.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 42
  • mph.jpeg
    mph.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Man, I thought we were all on the same side. This thread resembles a discussion one would have discussing politics…Democrats vs Republicans. Why criticize someone's ability and success when obviously they put up the money and time in the desire to be as good as they can get. Geez, give it a break.
We are on the same side,4500 feet is an incredible shot, feat,I look at the totality of the evidence i'm presented with and having shot long distances,often,skepticism is there, congratulations to the young man who made this shot.He must have compensated well for 75 feet in elevation. 👍

We are on the same side,4500 feet is an incredible shot, feat,I look at the totality of the evidence i'm presented with and having shot long distances,often,skepticism is there, congratulations to the young man who made this shot.He must have compensated well for 75 feet in elevation. 👍
In an earlier time on this forum a shot like that was posted way more often than now and considered way more normal, that was when many were running either Xbal or Patagonia ballistics which were about the only two options other than manual and the range finder options were even less but doable.

In an earlier time on this forum a shot like that was posted way more often than now and considered way more normal, that was when many were running either Xbal or Patagonia ballistics which were about the only two options other than manual and the range finder options were even less but doable.
I hit my first mile using xbal and a palm pilot many years ago.

Great shot on that antelope!!!