Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

My big concern at that range would be the bullet performing. 1,200fps is quite slow for that bullet. Obviously it worked, but that would certainly have been my biggest concern.
An excellent point , i've done tons of shooting and skeptical I remain ,one needs only to look at the totality of the scenario,I did and it's quite flawed. Only my opinion,what do i know? top sniper metro,three years in a row,extensive sniper schooling ,deer control sniper team,200 kills last year all dropped in tracks.Weekenders will go gaga but unfortunately not me. Anyway congratulations on a 4500 foot shot , with a 6 mph 👍 wind on the plains , with a mediocre caliber.I'll set my sights on an accomplishment like that at some point.In the meantime i'll have to settle for 1/4 mile shots,embarrassing to me to say the least.The wind on my hunt open plains never dropped below 20mph most of the time,10, to 15,mph the norm with gusts exceeding 25mph frequently.

Attachments

• ph.jpeg
    ph.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 16
My big concern at that range would be the bullet performing. 1,200fps is quite slow for that bullet. Obviously it worked, but that would certainly have been my biggest concern.
There are bullets that work much lower than advertised you also can reach a point the bullets will tumble through which is very lethal. What many guys don't realize is how much harder game take a hit when their isn't the major adrenaline dump, you get out of their fight or flight response range to sight or sound and even elk take a hit so much harder.

There are bullets that work much lower than advertised you also can reach a point the bullets will tumble through which is very lethal. What many guys don't realize is how much harder game take a hit when their isn't the major adrenaline dump, you get out of their fight or flight response range to sight or sound and even elk take a hit so much harder.
They can work at lower velocities. I am just not going to be the one to chance it. Especially not on a living creature. I am only stating that I would not take that shot. As I stated, it clearly worked. I just have more respect for the animals that I hunt. If he was shooting a larger caliber or a closer distance, I would not have any issues with this shot. I would never recommend or condone that one shoots below the minimum expansion velocities set forth by the manufacturer.

They can work at lower velocities. I am just not going to be the one to chance it. Especially not on a living creature. I am only stating that I would not take that shot. As I stated, it clearly worked. I just have more respect for the animals that I hunt. If he was shooting a larger caliber or a closer distance, I would not have any issues with this shot. I would never recommend or condone that one shoots below the minimum expansion velocities set forth by the manufacturer.
Great, your not that guy who should be pushing, that's fine but there are people who can and do so at an elite level and many are motivated by respecting our quary and wanting to do the best we can and with that comes more range, how everyone uses that is their perogative. Why judge?

I've killed goats in that range with some big stuff, they knock a hole through them, they run a short ways and tip over dead. In poor conditions a big high BC bullet will give you an edge but in the right condition and a rifle your dialed in with their dead, not a big deal.