Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

1507 yards in MT
After training level 1 and level 2 at Barbour Creek with James
Eagle Ballistics app was used for mirage wind and ballisticsView attachment 603067

Is this from a previous year or is there a special antelope season in Montana that I'm not aware of? Didn't think rifle season is open yet????? Would like to hear from anyone on this forum. Not questioning the ethics or abilities of this shot. That's up to each hunter to determine and be accountable for in my opinion. It would however ruffle my feathers if this is an illegal act. Not trying to make accusations but can someone educate me here?

This is a long range hunting forum
His ethics may be different than yours
It ran 60 yards and dropped
Him and his wife took the Level 1 & Level 2 did extremely well shooting out to 1700 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor reading wind on their own with my technique and did advise him the day before to not shoot over 1100 yards based on the bullets selection, but what he wants to do that's what he wants to do he did a great job. His wife got one around 708 yards. Both were one shot impacts both killed again. Remember this is a long range hunting form. Every individual has the right to hunt however they want not up to anyone here to make that decision for them .

In addition, the two guides at the Crow Indian reservation are also my students they use my app every day. They shoot over a mile constantly when people hunt long range and they've been through my school. The guide lets them practice at 16 to 1700 yards before they go hunting, he loves long range
I think the name of the cartridge is what elicits the responses rather than the actual efficacy of a 147 eldm at that distance. I bet the sentiment would be way different if it had been a 260, 6.5x47 or some other similarly sized cartridge other that 6.5cm.

I think the name of the cartridge is what elicits the responses rather than the actual efficacy of a 147 eldm at that distance. I bet the sentiment would be way different if it had been a 260, 6.5x47 or some other similarly sized cartridge other that 6.5cm.
I was wondering why he used his wife's gun.

must have dropped his rifle and was worried about a change in zero or something………

Hahahaha. I kid I kid It was to easy

Recent Posts