Barbour Creek student take antelope @ 1507 yards

I'm getting sick of people piping up about this shot being unethical or disrespectful of the game. That's not what this forum is all about. Y'all need to find a liberal forum where you'll find a lot of people that agree with you.

As to the velocity the bullet probably was moving at, I consider it to be completely acceptable to cleanly take the antelope because it's basically bordering on the subsonic line depending on the altitude the shot was taken at so a clean kill is very likely. I rarely hear about people complaining about subsonic suppressed shots and taking of game at close range.

I applaud the hunter that took this shot and only wish I had that kind of skill.

It appears the the 6.5 Creedmoor was fully adequate at that range for a shot at an antelope.

Target rifle for shooting game at an insane distance. Disrespectful of the game and not at all hunting, just this man's opinion.
They don't build target rifles they build hunting rifles they build me a 30 nosler that shoots crazy good and been to their place a couple of times they shoot 4" clay plates at a mile like I always say the rifle is only half of the shooting the guy pulling the trigger is the other half , they build hunting rifles that shoot i think that's a hell of a shot

This is a long range hunting forum
His ethics may be different than yours
It ran 60 yards and dropped
Him and his wife took the Level 1 & Level 2 did extremely well shooting out to 1700 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor reading wind on their own with my technique and did advise him the day before to not shoot over 1100 yards based on the bullets selection, but what he wants to do that's what he wants to do he did a great job. His wife got one around 708 yards. Both were one shot impacts both killed again. Remember this is a long range hunting form. Every individual has the right to hunt however they want not up to anyone here to make that decision for them .

In addition, the two guides at the Crow Indian reservation are also my students they use my app every day. They shoot over a mile constantly when people hunt long range and they've been through my school. The guide lets them practice at 16 to 1700 yards before they go hunting, he loves long range

Last edited:

Recent Posts