Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

I found the searing depth it likes and speeds nudged up to an average of 3310 for 6 shots. Temps are little warmer today about 83 when I was shooting. Was getting some heavy bolt lift now may have to back it off another .5 grn

Attachments

• IMG_6324.jpeg
    IMG_6324.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 73
I found the searing depth it likes and speeds nudged up to an average of 3310 for 6 shots. Temps are little warmer today about 83 when I was shooting. Was getting some heavy bolt lift now may have to back it off another .5 grn

Is that the best powder you found that works for the 125 in 6.5 prc?

That's smoking! What was your charge? I'm at 3150 with 58.6 gr and a 22" barrel. Got about 75 thru it, hope it speeds up

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I emailed badlands today to inform them their website was down and redirecting to godaddy, I received a reply that George (aka NRALIFER) has passed away and that Badlands Precision will be closing their doors. I don't have any additional details as I'm just a regular customer. Maybe send them an email expressing your condolences so George's wife Shirley can see how many people appreciated his bullets and all the information and discourse he put in this thread to help people using these bullets.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I emailed badlands today to inform them their website was down and redirecting to godaddy, I received a reply that George (aka NRALIFER) has passed away and that Badlands Precision will be closing their doors. I don't have any additional details as I'm just a regular customer. Maybe send them an email expressing your condolences so George's wife Shirley can see how many people appreciated his bullets and all the information and discourse he put in this thread to help people using these bullets.
I posted on GD about his passing a few days ago >>>https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/badlands-precision-llc-rip-george.363685/#post-3148332

For those on Facebook, his account is still open, and you can post there to extend your condolences, https://www.facebook.com/george.fournier.3367

Last edited:
I posted on GD about his passing a few days ago.
Sorry, I missed that. Figured this would be a good place where people using the bullets would see it. I hope that someone is willing to purchase whatever patents or other IP George had and can start making a similar bullet. They just seem so far ahead of the curve that it would be a shame to let monos sit and languish as the comparably low bc option they are now when Badlands showed they could instead be well ahead of lead with the right design.

Sorry, I missed that. Figured this would be a good place where people using the bullets would see it. I hope that someone is willing to purchase whatever patents or other IP George had and can start making a similar bullet. They just seem so far ahead of the curve that it would be a shame to let monos sit and languish as the comparably low bc option they are now when Badlands showed they could instead be well ahead of lead with the right design.
Check out apex bullets. Similar shape and bc. Kills more like a hammer than a barnes though.
Mcguire is also doing high bc copper but I don't understand how with the drive bands.