AR-10 bolt stop

do a search on old posts about my problem with short bolt catches.
I dug though my albums and found my *** bolt catches that were sold to me with my lower kits.

The tiny tip would NOT hold the bolt open on the last round or even if you tried to manually set the action open. I found these wider tips that work great.
small tip 2.jpg

The small bolt catch tip barely touches the Magpul magazine. You can see that it's actually in the wrong place to even work right.

small tip 1.jpg

Attachments

• small tip 1.jpg
    small tip 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
what small tip?

Please click on the link! Where ever I got my tiny tip that DID NOT work I raised hell and told them to quit selling junk and I sent them my above pictures.

This looks like it would work.

This looks like it would work.

I'll find out this week when it arrives?

I'll find out this week when it arrives?

It is so hard to tell just looking at a picture. But see the correct one on the right? The larger tip is physically place towards the lowers center. NO, I don't have any idea who I bought it from. :(

I sure wish that AR15 lowers came with a threaded pin like this ar10

small tip 2.jpg

It is so hard to tell just looking at a picture. But see the correct one on the right? The larger tip is physically place towards the lowers center. NO, I don't have any idea who I bought it from. :(

I sure wish that AR15 lowers came with a threaded pin like this ar10

View attachment 515251
I thought AP's more costly AR15 lowers came threaded? I haven't checked in a while?

I thought AP's more costly AR15 lowers came threaded? I haven't checked in a while?
I don't know about that anymore. I got into building them and decided enough was enough and got ride of the excess. The world, cost, and availability put an end to lots of fun.