Anyone from pa

McDonald Sportsmen's Association

They go to 600 yards. Shot there many times. The range is set up for BPCR with butts at 200, 300, 385 and 500 meters. They do have a 600 yard butt.

The range is flat and on a recovered strip mine. It is open. Mirage can be tricky and the wind doping a challenge. All in all, a nice range. They have a lot of metal plates to set up on the rails for practice.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check em out, that's not real far from my house. My buddies father-in-law has a 1,400 yard range but they're about an hour and 15 minutes away. I need to get down there though every once in a while and do some plinking. Try to talk him into stretching it out to a mile.

Berks co here. Not much long range options here. I had a farm that i could get 3-400 yrds out of, but that is now gone. tough finding spots that either the locals or the lazy people don't run you out or shoot at you. i keep trying though. Lived at Blue Marsh Lake in my youth, more like the lake was made in my back yard. Hunting there is is rough, but if you can get at the right spot, and go deep, they are there.gun)

Yesterday I got the opportunity to dial on a buck at 750 yds, however, he wasn't legal. It definitely had my blood flowing as this would have been my longest kill and first kill with my new rifle!

Had one walk by but couldn't make out 3 on one side, too much brush at head level.
Had a pack of coyote sound off about 1/2 hr before daylight.
Sounded like about 6 total.
Was hoping they would stroll by, but no luck.
Doe all around me all day. Come Saturday one might see what the 44 Mag will do to it.
pap

Long thread!! I live in mercer co, out in the woods by a town called Fredonia. I'm surprised how many backwoods pa people are on here...just figured everyone was out west. Not much real long range hunting on this end of the state, but we do stretch out on the old rr beds and across lake Wilhelm sometimes. I'm looking for a few guys to go in on a group buy for some milsurp powder soon, but I'll start a new thread so I don't plug up this one :)

Hello all PA'uns,

Born and raised in Murrysville, lived some 40+ years in Washington( Little Washington to the locals) !! Now live in FL since I retired but go back "home"every year for bear and deer seasons. Going on 60 years soon. Hunt out of bear camp near Vowinckel, near Marienville, and deer in Washington Co. Read the article about ruining deer season in PA and am totally on board with it. Gary Alt and his policies were, in my opinion, nothing good for the sport. Anyhow, glad to see so many loyal people holding up the sport in the "home" state!!:)

Us Pa Men keep the thread going! I'm surprised!
Anyway I have been saving funds for a new 7mag build. I might go with the Savage LRH in 7mag. I seen some rings or base that had a factory bubble level on midway I believe. I liked those! I am looking at Vortex scopes. I've been debating about a FFP-SFP, and a custom turret matching my load or a MOA reticle.
I'm just not positive about a few of the options yet. I'm glad to see so many fellow PA Hunters!

Living now in Albrightsville, born and raised in Sunbury. Wow yobuck, you really brought back some memories. I didn't know Wolfy was still around. Heck of a good gunsmith. He built me a real accurate 6mm x .284 back in the day. First hog shot at 482 yds. I wanted him to build me a 6.5 x .300 Wby but he wouldn't as long as Alex Hoyer was around so I had him build one for me. I believe Howard was building his own actions.