Anyone from pa

jwall3d11,

You live in Washington? I lived there for 40+ years before retiring and going to FL. Back every year to hunt bear and deer. Deer mostly in West Finley area. I know of the range west of Graysville, near Ryersipon Park, 300 yds. Any longer that a person can get to? It would be nice to stretch my 7STW for a change.

I know of the 1,000 yard one down in Fairview acrOSS from the mine entrance. I think that's the one agentcooper is talking about. I think you have to be a member though.

I know of the 1,000 yard one down in Fairview acrOSS from the mine entrance. I think that's the one agentcooper is talking about. I think you have to be a member though.

That is correct. Their dues are very reasonable. The range is closed during deer season also. This is because the property is listed as a wildlife sanctuary and to ensure that no one jeopardizes that classification. (It allows the taxes to be affordable to keep the doors open.) I can't believe how adjusted the deer and turkey are to human contact and shooting. It really makes for a fun spring day to go shooting and watch a couple fawns monkey around with each other with no regard to the gunfire nearby.

Hello All,
Hey its nice to see someone that close! I hunt a few different places in the particular area. Have you lived in altoona for a while? Possibly we may know each other! I assume you hunt long range or are getting into it, either way it's nice to meet and possibly find someone with the same interests. How far into the game are you? Gun, optics, loads ?

Hard Times caused me to recently have to sell my rifle, I'm in the process of building a new one, and working loads up. Rem 700 7mm mag pushing hopefully 168 vld with Imr 7828.
Anyhow nice speaking to ya. Looking forward to hearing from ya!
Dave

62 years, I lived in Pa. just moved to Oklahoma to do some real long range shooting and hunting. The people here seem a bit more friendly towards hunting and shooting. I'v got some SH#T feelings about people, their land and hunting in Pa. gun)

I live in Newburg, Pa...just getting into shooting @ longer ranges... don't hunt here during buck season as I am in Indiana and Ohio... and have no place here other than state land to hunt.

Born and raised in Renovo here. Renovo was God's Country long before there was a heaven and Potter County. Went to college at WACC. After trying to get work in Colorado for 25 yrs I finally did it, and been here for last 13 or 14 yrs. I think Im the last Conservative Tea Party Republican that moved to here before the state was sold to the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Good luck with your hunting.

Born and raised in Renovo here. Renovo was God's Country long before there was a heaven and Potter County. Went to college at WACC. After trying to get work in Colorado for 25 yrs I finally did it, and been here for last 13 or 14 yrs. I think Im the last Conservative Tea Party Republican that moved to here before the state was sold to the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Good luck with your hunting.

Hmmm, must be 2 Renovos in PA. The one im very familiar with seems to be crumbeling apart more each year. Just like all the other towns in that region.
Next time your back that way take a ride to Emporium. Stop and talk with the few remaining business owners. Those towns have become dumping grounds for welfare recipients. The most prosperous (business) is the DCNR.

New guy....North East,NWPa. 25 miles from Canada via Lake Erie. I hunt mostly in erie county but get down to the National forest quite a bit. Depending where Im at I carry a 1968 ADL Rem 700 22-250 or a Ruger M77.338 win mag. I love the Allegheny nat. forest n spend a ton a time round Marienville,Pa. hunting the deep woods.