Anyone From MA or RI?

Michael J. Spangler

hey guys,

putting the feelers out to see if anyone is local? I Started spending more time with a rifle last year and though i love hitting paper i would love to get some suggestions form some MA guys on getting out of this state and to a place where i can use my rifle to get some game.

Thanks in advance

looks like its just me and you....i have always said that i grew up in the wrong area. i would love to rifle hunt for every thing, but in this fine state we are restricted to dogs during daylight hours =\

what area are you in?

I usually say "hello" to all, but it looks like "hello to all three of you". I just joined today. I'm from Swansea, member at East Warren Rod & Gun. I understand there is a 200-300 yd range in the Westport area, the name escapes me right now but I can look it up. You can probably check on the GOAL web site (Gun Owners Action League) because I know they are a 100% club (you have to belong to GOAL to join).

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am from Westport MA and belong to the new Bedford Rod and Gun club. As for ranges you have Copicut 300 yards and Woodcock in Dartmouth which I believe goes out to 500. The furthest in MA is in Reading which goes to 600.

I am new to longer range shooting but am gathering the tools quickly. I have a Savage 11 Long Range Hunter in .308 and a DPMS 308LR. I just need some bipods, match ammo and good glass and I am ready to give it a go! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts