Anchoring game. Why high shoulder over neck shots?

Guarantee his .375 with Barnes isn't half as destructive on meat as my boring old 270 with 130 soft points.
Animated GIF

When the heck has he claimed this? He's reported his success using one…he's never told me (or anyone I'm aware of) that we're doing it wrong by using a .300 Winnie or something else. I think his wife uses a .338 (what a wimp!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣) Can you show a shred of evidence to back up your accusation that he's said it's "the only way" or are you full of it? It is one or the other. I have my suspicions…
"Sort of along these lines…..always get bigger! 😉 You can always download a high horsepower cartridge down to a lesser cartridge but, as in life ……you just can't (or shouldn't) ever bring a juvenile into an adults only establishment! 😉 memtb"

This took me 45 seconds to find, because it's basically all he posts, in every thread. I could find a dozen more. Just go search his posts.

Guarantee his .375 with Barnes isn't half as destructive on meat as my boring old 270 with 130 soft points.
THATS MY POINT.

He is constantly telling people bigger is always better. APPARENTLY NOT!

Bullets matter.

Its my understanding (for what thats worth) an "instant drop" high shoulder shot requires enough velocity to cause a shut down of the CNS.
It just has to hit the brachial plexus, that disconnects most of the nervous system from the front legs backwards.

Even if you hit the brain itself on a head shot and completely nuke the CNS sometimes there's agonal respiration, where the brain stem is still somehow getting a message through to the diaphragm even though no other higher brain functions are happening.

"Sort of along these lines…..always get bigger! 😉 You can always download a high horsepower cartridge down to a lesser cartridge but, as in life ……you just can't (or shouldn't) ever bring a juvenile into an adults only establishment! 😉 memtb"

This took me 45 seconds to find, because it's basically all he posts, in every thread. I could find a dozen more. Just go search his posts.
That's hardly the same thing as preaching that "the only way to kill an elk is with a .375".

And I happen to agree with the overall philosophy of using a cartridge about as stout as you can shoot well (being honest with yourself about where that line is). I don't know that I would do my best shooting with a .375 ai. Wouldn't be for me probably, that's fine. But I can shoot my .300 win every bit as well as my .270, therefore it's the .300 that gets the nod for critters bigger than deer.

I think that's all he's saying, bring enough gun and use something on the upper end of what's within your capability, but it's entirely possible I'm wrong (it's happened more times than I care to admit 🥴).

I shoot high to mid shoulder. I started shooting them that way 35 years and hundreds of deer ago and there is no way I would ever go back to behind the shoulder. The loss of meat bothers me a lot less than losing the whole animal or having to track through hell for 2 hours. In bad terrain at night a 40 yard ghost run is an eternity. Nothing wrong with behind the shoulder if that's your preference but I'm not doing it.
The high to mid shoulder shot gives a lot more room for error than a neck shot. I will head shoot also but deer move their head a lot which can make it risky. Hogs are easy to head shoot. Or lower ear shoot. Because it's a larger target that doesn't move as quickly as a deer.