adding brake to factory

If I didn't live in the communist state of NY, I'd put a suppressor on every rifle I own. I shot a fully suppressed Ruger 10-22. Using no hearing protection indoors, the loudest thing I heard was the bolt returning to battery. Sweet :D
That might break the bank for me. I only have three, but I can use them on most of my rifles that are threaded the same.

That might break the bank for me. I only have three, but I can use them on most of my rifles that are threaded the same.

Good idea - maybe universal mounting adaptors would be an option.

Here in New Yorkistan, it's a felony to even look at a suppressor or high-capacity magazine. There is a reason that NY is the #1 state that citizens are exiting.

Good idea - maybe universal mounting adaptors would be an option.
Yes, and I have some for my rifles threaded for 1/2-28s.
Here in New Yorkistan, it's a felony to even look at a suppressor or high-capacity magazine. There is a reason that NY is the #1 state that citizens are exiting.
Sad, but true.

There is nothing quite like the CRACK of a big 300mag or 338mag with an efficient brake and NO hearing protection. I believe that even one shot from a braked rifle can do damage that is irrecoverable. Hearing loss is often the result of accumulated, abusively high noise levels.

I never used any hearing protection (prior to brakes) when hunting outdoors. I've been shooting varmints and biggame most of my life. I'm paying the price now for a lifetime of carelessness.

If I didn't live in the communist state of NY, I'd put a suppressor on every rifle I own. I shot a fully suppressed Ruger 10-22. Using no hearing protection indoors, the loudest thing I heard was the bolt returning to battery. Sweet :D
I've got a 10-22 suppressed and running subs . Yep you hear the bolt cycle and then your impact. Had a buddy shoot it and he was amazed it was quieter than a bb gun. I didn't have enough time for him to try my 300blk suppressed .

Over the years between the Marine Corps/hunting/competition shooting/......tomorrow at 8am I'm getting fitted for hearing aids. Wear the best hearing protection you can men.

Recent Posts