Thought That I’d Share

memtb

No…..not me! I couldn't get that with my truck!

A very good friend of mine, for many years a dedicated coyote hunter/trapper. In fact, first time he's hunted deer since '88! Like many of us…..a somewhat crippled-up, old man. A friend of his talked him into joining him on a "party" application. They drew out……this is the result!

Details: Oh, the details! They saw him from about a mile away, got in the area, but couldn't locate him. Coyote howled, threw rocks, looked under/over/through every Cedar scrub, bush…..nutt'n! He thought that he had slipped away from them, he gave up, headed out toward the truck, jumped him up just below him about 15 yards away. A running shot, about 80 yards, .243 Win., 95 grain Hornady SST!

A big Congratulations to my buddy! Though…..I threatened to claim it as mine! 😜 memtb

1730038208282.jpeg

He just told me that he'll have a little raw heart this morning for breakfast. He took a bite at the kill site……an old tradition!

He's one tough ole "bass turd"! 🙀😜 A lot tougher than me!

You should hear his story about him when he was just a kid with a friend, spending several days on foot out in the middle of nowhere near Bairoil, Wy. Of course, if you're in Bairoil, Wy……you are in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, they and their gear got very wet from a "freak" thunderstorm. Found shelter in a small cave/outcrop of rock. Couldn't get a fire started…..ate a "RAW" Sage Grouse they had killed earlier!

Sage Hen (Grouse) can be pretty hard to swallow when properly seasoned and cooked! 😁 memtb

Great story with a good ending.
Strange about that 243 cause I talked to a guy at the range last weekend and he moved his 100 pound 12 yo daughter up to a 308 w/180 bullets because the 243 wasn't enough for whitetail. Then he couldn't understand why her groups were 4X bigger with the 308! 🤷🏿‍♂️
And I love deer heart, but I do prefer mine fried to medium with some mushrooms.

Recent Posts