960 Yard Bear

HammerBullets

3A510E8B-7451-409B-B1FC-CFF94D183739.jpeg

Congratulations to Brandon who shot this bear at 960 yards with a custom 375 RUM McGowen barrel designed to shoot the 329 Hammer Hunter bullet. Brandon stated, "Bear was facing me sitting, bullet entered left shoulder and exited left hip! 329 went thru the entire bear long ways and still exited! Found one petal on the hide at exit that weighs 42gr . Bear didn't take a step! Not a big bear but I only had one day to hunt them this year and got it done!"
Congratulations Brandon on an incredible shot, field report, and thanks for sharing your hunt.

View attachment 603106
Congratulations to Brandon who shot this bear at 960 yards with a custom 375 RUM McGowen barrel designed to shoot the 329 Hammer Hunter bullet. Brandon stated, "Bear was facing me sitting, bullet entered left shoulder and exited left hip! 329 went thru the entire bear long ways and still exited! Found one petal on the hide at exit that weighs 42gr . Bear didn't take a step! Not a big bear but I only had one day to hunt them this year and got it done!"
Congratulations Brandon on an incredible shot, field report, and thanks for sharing your hunt.
Great work all around. Rifle looks like it was built by Kirby Allen...

Recent Posts