7X57

If deer sized game is what you're after, try a 120 Hammer Hunter. Following the loading manual, but start with a near max load then work up a half grain at a time until you hit pressure, back up half to three quarters of a grain and shoot. They are bad to the bone on deer.

If deer sized game is what you're after, try a 120 Hammer Hunter. Following the loading manual, but start with a near max load then work up a half grain at a time until you hit pressure, back up half to three quarters of a grain and shoot. They are bad to the bone on deer.
THANKS FOR INFO

ANYONE CARE TO SHARE SOME LOAD DATA FOR 7X57
I have killed more whitetail with a 7+57 than any other rifle I have. A Speer 130g spritzer boat tail is a great bullet for this caliber. My charges came from my old Lyman manual. I am pushing that bullet 2900 fps with IMR 4350. It shoots great out of M70 featherweight.

I have killed more whitetail with a 7+57 than any other rifle I have. A Speer 130g spritzer boat tail is a great bullet for this caliber. My charges came from my old Lyman manual. I am pushing that bullet 2900 fps with IMR 4350. It shoots great out of M70 featherweight.
will look into that tonight

Just look at the 2 Nosler pages sable tireur posted, choose any of the listed powders that are in your possession.

In the column "Powder CHG. GRN." you can see a load marked
with a single asterisk (*) - this is the most accurate load in their rifle, with Winchester case of shown H2O capacity with a given barrel length and twist (all of it shown on the page).

Your accurate load would be around a grain or so from that load.

And tell as how did you go.

Just look at the 2 Nosler pages sable tireur posted, choose any of the listed powders that are in your possession.

In the column "Powder CHG. GRN." you can see a load marked
with a single asterisk (*) - this is the most accurate load in their rifle, with Winchester case of shown H2O capacity with a given barrel length and twist (all of it shown on the page).

Your accurate load would be around a grain or so from that load.

And tell as how did you go.
Thank You

I used Sierra 140 grain btsp GameKings in the one I gave to my son a left-handed Rem 700 built on a long action, and H4350 was the powder I used in it, but I'll look at my books and see if there was anything else I tried with that rifle.

The 7x57 Mauser has been around for 132 years. There should be thousands of loads available through every powder and bullet manufacturer worldwide.

The 7x57 was designed during 1892 by Paul Mauser of Germany, based on the 8x57 cartridge case necked down to 7mm. The new cartridge was created in conjunction with a new rifle design and in 1893 the Model 93 Mauser rifle chambered in 7x57 was introduced as a potential infantry weapon.

The original 7x57 military load featured a 175 grain round nose bullet at a velocity of 2300fps. True bullet diameter for the 7mm was and is 7.2mm or (.284"). The M93 rifle chambered in 7x57 was mild to shoot, accurate and although the load featured a round nose projectile, it produced vastly superior aerodynamic performance in comparison to other cartridge designs of the day. Later, a 154 grain Spitzer bullet was developed which gave a velocity of 2900fps (29" barrel).

https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/7x57.html

View attachment 607605
View attachment 607606

View attachment 607609
https://sportingshooter.com.au/handloading/handloading-the-7x57-mauser/

View attachment 607610
A very helpful response !

Recent Posts