7X57

If deer sized game is what you're after, try a 120 Hammer Hunter. Following the loading manual, but start with a near max load then work up a half grain at a time until you hit pressure, back up half to three quarters of a grain and shoot. They are bad to the bone on deer.

If deer sized game is what you're after, try a 120 Hammer Hunter. Following the loading manual, but start with a near max load then work up a half grain at a time until you hit pressure, back up half to three quarters of a grain and shoot. They are bad to the bone on deer.
THANKS FOR INFO

ANYONE CARE TO SHARE SOME LOAD DATA FOR 7X57
I have killed more whitetail with a 7+57 than any other rifle I have. A Speer 130g spritzer boat tail is a great bullet for this caliber. My charges came from my old Lyman manual. I am pushing that bullet 2900 fps with IMR 4350. It shoots great out of M70 featherweight.

I have killed more whitetail with a 7+57 than any other rifle I have. A Speer 130g spritzer boat tail is a great bullet for this caliber. My charges came from my old Lyman manual. I am pushing that bullet 2900 fps with IMR 4350. It shoots great out of M70 featherweight.
will look into that tonight

Just look at the 2 Nosler pages sable tireur posted, choose any of the listed powders that are in your possession.

In the column "Powder CHG. GRN." you can see a load marked
with a single asterisk (*) - this is the most accurate load in their rifle, with Winchester case of shown H2O capacity with a given barrel length and twist (all of it shown on the page).

Your accurate load would be around a grain or so from that load.

And tell as how did you go.

Just look at the 2 Nosler pages sable tireur posted, choose any of the listed powders that are in your possession.

In the column "Powder CHG. GRN." you can see a load marked
with a single asterisk (*) - this is the most accurate load in their rifle, with Winchester case of shown H2O capacity with a given barrel length and twist (all of it shown on the page).

Your accurate load would be around a grain or so from that load.

And tell as how did you go.
Thank You

I used Sierra 140 grain btsp GameKings in the one I gave to my son a left-handed Rem 700 built on a long action, and H4350 was the powder I used in it, but I'll look at my books and see if there was anything else I tried with that rifle.

Recent Posts