Swift Bullets

The gen 2 are supposed to be a bit tougher, but nothing wrong wirh gen 1. Swift already had a tough bullet in the aframe and viewed the scirocco as a long range / medium game bullet. People used the scirocco for bigger game (elk/moose) so swift toughened it up. I have used the gen i in 165 gr / 300 Win for deer sized game and accurate and lot of damage but still holds together.

Lou

and viewed the scirocco as a long range / medium game bullet.

Here again is the need to define the term 'long range' so that we can all be on the same page.

The Scirocco follows in the now longer line of all those tipped bullets, where even the manufacturers of solid bullets are fitting new designs with plastic tips, some you have to add to the bullets by yourself. Hornady uses aluminum tips on their A-Tip line of bullets. All in the name of potentially higher BC numbers.

Unfortunately the Sciroccos don't necessarily add higher BCs into their designs. But that doesn't mean that the bullets don't perform because they do. I've used them in several cartridges where medium game was on the hunt menu. They perform just fine, maybe not as 'long range' as some would hope but successful harvesting game anyway.

The version 1 was simply a softer version. They were intended for longer ranges on thin skinned game. Hunters were pushing them too fast and they had some issues. The changed the annealing process to toughen them so renamed them the II. I never used the I version, but I have used the II extensively in all calibers from .224 to 338 with outstanding results. By today's standards, the BC would be considered mid range. They are an excellent all around choice for all game as long as their impact remains above 1800 fps. They are one of the few lead core bullets that can handle the high speed impacts of close range shots from hot rods like the 28 nosler, all the ultra mags and weatherby magnum rounds. Even with launch velocities over 3200 to 3400 fps, these bullets have proven to hold over 80% of their weight and mushroom to roughly 2.5x caliber. At slower velocities, retetention is higher. We recover very few of these bullets, as most of the time they exit the animal after smashing shoulders and wreaking havoc to internal organs.
The Scirocco II is my most recommended bullet for hunters that keep their shots under 700-800 yards for most cartridges.

The version 1 was simply a softer version. They were intended for longer ranges on thin skinned game. Hunters were pushing them too fast and they had some issues. The changed the annealing process to toughen them so renamed them the II. I never used the I version, but I have used the II extensively in all calibers from .224 to 338 with outstanding results. By today's standards, the BC would be considered mid range. They are an excellent all around choice for all game as long as their impact remains above 1800 fps. They are one of the few lead core bullets that can handle the high speed impacts of close range shots from hot rods like the 28 nosler, all the ultra mags and weatherby magnum rounds. Even with launch velocities over 3200 to 3400 fps, these bullets have proven to hold over 80% of their weight and mushroom to roughly 2.5x caliber. At slower velocities, retetention is higher. We recover very few of these bullets, as most of the time they exit the animal after smashing shoulders and wreaking havoc to internal organs.
The Scirocco II is my most recommended bullet for hunters that keep their shots under 700-800 yards for most cartridges.
Only problem is they are nowhere to be found for reloading. I just wish I could find some to play with.

6.5= 130gr
338= 210gr
I was on the phone again last week begging for the 338. They uave not produced them in over 4 years. Not sure why. In July, I was told they would have them by this October. As of last week, they are not scheduled until at least after January. So no hope there yet.

The 6.5 130s, I have over 10,000 of them.

I was on the phone again last week begging for the 338. They uave not produced them in over 4 years. Not sure why. In July, I was told they would have them by this October. As of last week, they are not scheduled until at least after January. So no hope there yet.

The 6.5 130s, I have over 10,000 of them.
Web site?

First generation worked fine for me.
150 grain launched out of a 7mm stw = dead elk. Found the bullet after taking some elk off of the grill and it rolled out of a steak onto my plate! Weighed right at 100 grains.
IMG_1475.png