7prc bullet recommendation

gunnut509

Hey guys,
Getting ready to put a load together for my new 7prc. What grain / brand bullets are you running? I've been looking at the 180 ELD-M. I'll be using it for hunting deer/elk/bear as well as long rang paper.

For every bullet available there will be someone who says it works great and another who says it doesn't work at all.
I'd be looking in the 180gr area for sure. I shoot the 184gr Hybrid Berger from a Win-Imp, buddy is shooting the same bullet from his 7 PRC, it's working great for us

I've been liking the 180 ELDM on paper as well as animals. I don't see myself switching to another bullet anytime soon, other than just for testing purposes.

Hey guys,
Getting ready to put a load together for my new 7prc. What grain / brand bullets are you running? I've been looking at the 180 ELD-M. I'll be using it for hunting deer/elk/bear as well as long rang paper.
Ranges that you'll be taking the deer/elk/bear at on a yearly basis?

I haven't gotten to test any yet. I bought of the ELD M 162 and 180 gr. To try in my 280AI rifle. It has a 1@8 twist barrel. Hope it likes the 180 gr.

I don't have one but I'd recommend 162's or less for hunting to see the most it offers.
why would you recommend 162 or less in a for a cartridge designed for high bc heavy bullets. an 8twist is standard and short case allows the long bullets to fit in a regular mag without an extender.

what's the benefit of small bullets for this cartridge?

Berger 180 vld & 185 hybrid have been quite effect in my 7 rm. Mostly had used the vld but last yr loaded up tge hybrids. Just remember to check and clear the HP as they need to be open not pinched closed. Have not tried eldm in 7mm but they seem to be similarly effective.

I have not personally used them yet, but will have some on order today to try as the reports and pic have impressed me enough to part me with my money. Check out the pics of the terminal performance and reviews of those Copper Rrose monos in the McGuire Bullet thread. Those 7mm 168gr terminal performance looks fantastic. Has a .385 G7 and needs an 8 tw. I also like supporting small shops whenever I can. Regardless of that, those wound channels are excellent.

You have plenty of good choices from a number of manf. The PRC has enough volume to drive those 180s especially with the HE powders .