7prc bullet recommendation

What is your load for the 180? I was using 65.9 grains of reloder 26 with the before mentioned specs on the 168 grain. I was close, but I didn't find magic yet. but that Brux barrel really liked Reloader 26 and burger bullets.
I have run 3 powders. 63.3 grains of h4831sc runs around 2900 fps. retumbo and h1000 will run that node too.

retumbo was the only one in my gun that will run the 3000ish node without pressure

using 210 primers

Here is the 147 at high speed. This is the entrance. I could be wrong, but i think you want more penetration before expanding.

Look at nosler, they have pictures of recovered bullets at speeds of 3300 fps. All hornady pictures are at speeds of 2600 fps and lower for the eldx. The eldx is a designed long range bullet that will kill at short range. Why do you think they added the locking ring? The eldm is better in 2800 of below range. Thinner jacket and no locking ring.
Thats the same results I have seen with 180 ELDM at 400 yards on elk. And no 1 shot kills on 3 different elk. I wont use them for elk anymore. Fine for deer and antelope. The 175 LRAB have never failed us on alot of elk. Good weight retention if they dont blow thru and you can find it.

Thats the same results I have seen with 180 ELDM at 400 yards on elk. And no 1 shot kills on 3 different elk. I wont use them for elk anymore. Fine for deer and antelope. The 175 LRAB have never failed us on alot of elk. Good weight retention if they dont blow thru and you can find it.
Are you experiencing flyers with the LRAB?
I haven't played with them a lot, or sorted them based on BTO.
But I love bonded bullet performance.

I have run 3 powders. 63.3 grains of h4831sc runs around 2900 fps. retumbo and h1000 will run that node too.

retumbo was the only one in my gun that will run the 3000ish node without pressure

using 210 primers
Do you run retumbo or do you stay comfortably below 3000fps?

And out of curiosity, what is your load with retumbo pushing 175/180 class bullets?

Last edited:
i'm going to stay at 2920 with the 175 elite hunters. they are shooting at .5 moa at 395 yards.

with retumbo

67.7 retumbo gives 2920

Last edited:
i'm going to stay at 2920 with the 175 elite hunters. they are shooting at .5 moa at 395 yards.

with retumbo
This is precisely what I've seen with most 7prc's with the 175/180s. A lot of guys say they have little problem getting those over 3000fps but don't run them there cuz they are hot or don't shoot. This is my point.

What length is your barrel?

This doesn't make me happy haha. Long time berger man here. Never shot anything LR with anything else. This year I have a barrel that's being stubborn and just doesn't like bergers. It shoots 175eldx well so I'm going to be trying them on deer and elk. A bit nervous...🫣
I realize you're referring to the 180eldm but I'm just talking hornady in general.

Are you experiencing flyers with the LRAB?
I haven't played with them a lot, or sorted them based on BTO.
But I love bonded bullet performance.
I have some barrels that they shoot really good in. Some barrels dont like them. They run on the skinny side, so I think a tighter bore is better for them. Benchmark, Lilja 3 groove and a brux shoot them really well for me. Working with a Fierce 7 prc that dont like them at all. It shoots the 175 X good at 2900, but dont shoot them good fast.