7mm STW Reloading Thread

My bad 36 for 50 casings. Thought I found a pot of gold. We have 5 stw's in the family. Now maybe RP brass is readily available?

doubt it... neither midway or cabelas has 7stw from remmy... may as well get as much as you need for a spell... I picked up some Bertram and don't really like it (though it seems tough-- the stuff is a bit undersized); I've also gotten some hdy stuff and it seems decent

doubt it... neither midway or cabelas has 7stw from remmy... may as well get as much as you need for a spell... I picked up some Bertram and don't really like it (though it seems tough-- the stuff is a bit undersized); I've also gotten some hdy stuff and it seems decent
We tried both as well still prefer the RP.

yup, same here... liked ww better yet, but that hasn't been made since about '04... I'm running out of that stuff and have a couple hun remmy left. Only running one rifle at present though.
I just cannot talk my self out of the stw. Been shooting elk with one for 20 years. Just see no reason to not have a bunch around! I was down to 200 8 mag cases when I found that 500 RP. Tried bertam but didn't like it much. I ran out of WW brass as well it was my go to brass. Wish that I still had a bunch of it

I just cannot talk my self out of the stw. Been shooting elk with one for 20 years. Just see no reason to not have a bunch around! I was down to 200 8 mag cases when I found that 500 RP. Tried bertam but didn't like it much. I ran out of WW brass as well it was my go to brass. Wish that I still had a bunch of it
I still have about 400 of the nickel plated WW Supreme brass I'm going to baby until I can't shoot it any more and several hundred Remington and Nosler.

I own more than 20 center fire rifles in all sorts of calibers but nothing will ever end my love with the STW. I got my first which was a Remington custom in about 90-92 and the collection just keeps growing.

I still have about 400 of the nickel plated WW Supreme brass I'm going to baby until I can't shoot it any more and several hundred Remington and Nosler.

I own more than 20 center fire rifles in all sorts of calibers but nothing will ever end my love with the STW. I got my first which was a Remington custom in about 90-92 and the collection just keeps growing.

I had really good results with the early lots of RP brass and with all lots of Nosler.

I had really good results with the early lots of RP brass and with all lots of Nosler.
Either I'm just lucky or not nearly as picky as most folks. I've never had a lot of trouble with any brass as long as I wasn't abusing it.

When I was trying to get warp nine out of literally everything for some reason my brass life was considerably shorter than it has been since I sobered up. HA!

Either I'm just lucky or not nearly as picky as most folks. I've never had a lot of trouble with any brass as long as I wasn't abusing it.

When I was trying to get warp nine out of literally everything for some reason my brass life was considerably shorter than it has been since I sobered up. HA!

Very good points. People who complain of brass issues are running them to hard in most cases.

What is approximate powder charge? I plan to load a ladder to check velocity, pressure, look for nodes, just don't know the powder range with this combo.