7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Go with the STW, you won't be disappointed. It gets the most out of the 7mm caliber. The 28 Nosler is it's ballistic twin. I have a Wyatt's Mag box that gives me a 3.700" COAL and it works great. If you want to run the 195 Berger's, you'll want the bigger mag box.
There's a reason the 7 STW has its own forum. It's a great cartridge. I bought one after spending time reading this forum. It's my favorite. I use it mainly for antelope and mule deer when hunting CO, NM or WY. All shots have been 355-405 yards and dropped them all. Those are chip shot ranges for this cartridge. Every time I'm behind the trigger lining up game, I have COMPLETE confidence in the rifle and it's performance because it's just that good of a cartridge.
Go with the STW or a 28 Nosler

My thoughts with the interlocks is they shoot well and they are supposed to hold together on game, with out the premium price. Since that posting I've been working on a load and they seem to group quite well!

My thoughts with the interlocks is they shoot well and they are supposed to hold together on game, with out the premium price. Since that posting I've been working on a load and they seem to group quite well!
The problem is that they don't hold together well on game which is why I switched to the Interbond over 20 years ago.

I'm a real freak about terminal performance and bullet separation is a real problem for me.

I shot Hornady Factory ammo with interlocks in my .375 Ruger on my Africa trip in 2015 simply because it shot well in my rifle and every bullet we recovered had separated at least partially, if not completely which of course reminded me of why I stopped shooting them to begin with in the late eighties about the same time I moved from the 7RM to the STW.

Just did a little looking on them, looks like they would be a good bullet.
I've been through a lot of bullets over the last 40 years or so since I started reloading. The Hornady Interbond is still the best, most consistent performing lead core bullet I have ever tried. The Nosler Accubond is a close second.

The interlocks shot great for me in the 7RM but frequent separations and failure to exit was a problem and became an even greater problem at the higher velocities of the STW.