7mm prc

has any one killed a elk with this round?
This topic had been well covered by now. Kills just fine. I took a cow last fall after she jumped up 30 yards from me. Dropped her with 155 gr. Hammer Hunter (MV 3160 fps).

IMG_1270.jpeg

It works! 300 PRC works better, .338 LapuaAI works better yet. Pick the one you like, no wrong choices. If Staying on target with less recoil is a goal you are on the right path.

has any one killed a elk with this round?what are your thoughts on the kill and prefomance of the round.
I bought a 7MM PRC last year. Do to not having time to work up a load, I hunted withy 175 EDLX. Killed a small bull with it, but was not happy with the bullet. There was no exit at only 100 yards. I could only find a small flake of lead and copper jacket. I know lots of hunter love the EDLX and have great luck with them. My bullet of choice from over 30 elk kills in 51 years of hunting is Noslers, I use to use the BT solid base and now I use AB. Just make sure to use a good bullet and you will love the 7mm.

I bought a 7MM PRC last year. Do to not having time to work up a load, I hunted withy 175 EDLX. Killed a small bull with it, but was not happy with the bullet. There was no exit at only 100 yards. I could only find a small flake of lead and copper jacket. I know lots of hunter love the EDLX and have great luck with them. My bullet of choice from over 30 elk kills in 51 years of hunting is Noslers, I use to use the BT solid base and now I use AB. Just make sure to use a good bullet and you will love the 7mm.
I have only used the ELDX line twice in my 6.5 x .284 for moose and there also have been know exit wounds . Both animals less than 100 yards and shot in the neck . Neither hit the neck bone so I would have thought a pass threw , nope . Both were knocked of there feet and I fallowed up with a head shot . I tried the 156 Berger's last time and also did not have a pass threw in same area ? All dirt nap though

I had a bad experience with the 175 ELDX out of my 7 PRC. I did not have a chance to hand load for it so used Hornady factory rounds.

I shot a mature cow at 247 yards, low behind the shoulder. The entrance wound was almost fist size with no exit. Bumped her 2x before we could finish her about a mile from where she was shot.

The 7 PRC is a great round but choose your bullets wisely. Never again for me.

Never had an issue with Barnes in any caliber.