6mm creedmoor suggestions

I just got mine built.
Bighorn Origin action
Proof sendero lite 22" 1:8" .120FB
Jewell trigger, Hawkins Hybrid 25moa rings
Hs Precision sendero take off stock
HD Prec DBM
I'll thow my Ultra 5 on it when the stamp comes back. I also got a Henderson MLOK rail embedded in the forearm and a little 3" 1.5 dovetail that I can mount to the bottom so zi can shoot off my tripod.
hpen3bf.jpg

QzIn9MI.jpg

I would caution against the Peterson brass. The capacity is very small.
Got powder?! Looks like my supplies!

I do have a bunch of 4350, RL26, 4831sc, RL17, and some N160. Need some RL26? I'm looking to offload a jug.

Mudygmc -

Howdy !

Apples and near-apples.

I first wildcat was .35 Remington necked-down to .224" cal, for case capacity between a stock .22-250 and the .22-250AI. I shot 75"A"-Max from a 28" 1-8 5"C" rifled barrel. It worked great for both varmint ( groundhogs ) and targets.

I graduated to use of my new " DEEP 6 " wildcat, which has 51.2gr H2O case capacity.
I shoot 95MK ( recently " tipped " 95MK ) predominately, from a 29" 6mm SS 1-8
5"C"-rifled barrel. DEEP 6 is a dual-role' varmint/target cartridge, capable of 1,000yd use in either instance. 95s work great for me & my shooting needs. Have not shot anything larger than " Soybeanus Digestus " with them, though.

For the case capacities like we're talkin', I think RL-23 would be a better fit; as regards burn rate ( IMHO ). I was able to shoot DEEP 6 w/ cases full of IMR7828, and very nearly full when using RL-22. Have read RL-22 burns pretty "hot", and also wanted to go w/ a more temperature stable powder; My range work these days includes refining DEEP 6 loads w/ RL-23 under "tipped" 95MK.

DK if that helps, any ?

With regards,
357Mag

Here is one I finished a few weeks ago.
Curtis Vector action
Hart barrel 1in7.5 twist 24"
Kmw stock (bedded)

Shoots small groups with Hornady factory ammo, but really shines with Sierra 107 hpbt and 4831sc.
20180824_103726.jpg
20180824_103722.jpg

Mudygmc -

Howdy !

Apples and near-apples.

I first wildcat was .35 Remington necked-down to .224" cal, for case capacity between a stock .22-250 and the .22-250AI. I shot 75"A"-Max from a 28" 1-8 5"C" rifled barrel. It worked great for both varmint ( groundhogs ) and targets.

I graduated to use of my new " DEEP 6 " wildcat, which has 51.2gr H2O case capacity.
I shoot 95MK ( recently " tipped " 95MK ) predominately, from a 29" 6mm SS 1-8
5"C"-rifled barrel. DEEP 6 is a dual-role' varmint/target cartridge, capable of 1,000yd use in either instance. 95s work great for me & my shooting needs. Have not shot anything larger than " Soybeanus Digestus " with them, though.

For the case capacities like we're talkin', I think RL-23 would be a better fit; as regards burn rate ( IMHO ). I was able to shoot DEEP 6 w/ cases full of IMR7828, and very nearly full when using RL-22. Have read RL-22 burns pretty "hot", and also wanted to go w/ a more temperature stable powder; My range work these days includes refining DEEP 6 loads w/ RL-23 under "tipped" 95MK.

DK if that helps, any ?

With regards,
357Mag
I

I appreciate the info. Going to look for some 23 and 26 when I get home. How is it doing for you temp stability wise? I have had good speed and accuracy with rl powders but always went the h4350 or 1000 route for stability. Plan to order my barrel next week when i get home. Excited for another project. Not that I need more just so many cool calibers I dont have yet.

mudygmc -

Howdy !

Can thus far only talk about RL-23 temp stability in temp range of 80-95*F.
And, it seems to work as-advertised.

I will be getting to the range sometime over the next few weekends.
This should give me at least some additional info about RL-23 temp stability in
"Fall" Wx.

I'll let you know how it goes..... my gun/my loads.

With regards,
357Mag

Not a build, I bought a 6CM Bergara 26" Premier action with a Carbon Fiber stock, used Tubbs barrel finishing bullets loaded H4350 40.4 bullets are 107 Sierra safe load started with #3 finisher as its suppose to be a Less than MOA rifle, anyway sighted it in 1-5rds . Rounds 6-10 produced a dime group, just finished my last finishing loads 30rds, this rifle I consider to be a dual purpose Antelope, Deer , Competition rifle, stock has wide for-end but its light and adjustable, barrel is heavy enough to shoot multiple rounds without heat issues, yes I know I only have 30 rds down the tube, but I shot many many rifles, 2200 dollars, I'd be hard pressed to build a rifle this quality, with the capabilities of a 1/2 MOA rifle, Something to check on if your build is not started.

Not a build, I bought a 6CM Bergara 26" Premier action with a Carbon Fiber stock, used Tubbs barrel finishing bullets loaded H4350 40.4 bullets are 107 Sierra safe load started with #3 finisher as its suppose to be a Less than MOA rifle, anyway sighted it in 1-5rds . Rounds 6-10 produced a dime group, just finished my last finishing loads 30rds, this rifle I consider to be a dual purpose Antelope, Deer , Competition rifle, stock has wide for-end but its light and adjustable, barrel is heavy enough to shoot multiple rounds without heat issues, yes I know I only have 30 rds down the tube, but I shot many many rifles, 2200 dollars, I'd be hard pressed to build a rifle this quality, with the capabilities of a 1/2 MOA rifle, Something to check on if your build is not started.

Your off to a great start it looks like. My build is mostly all there just need a barrel, scope base and scope. Action, stock, barrel lug & nut, trigger are all sitting here. Order a couple redding bushings for my sizer die and I'm about done. H4350 is on my list to try foresure. It's done great things in my 22 & 6.5 creedmoor. Going to pick up some rl26 & 23 to try too.

Your off to a great start it looks like. My build is mostly all there just need a barrel, scope base and scope. Action, stock, barrel lug & nut, trigger are all sitting here. Order a couple redding bushings for my sizer die and I'm about done. H4350 is on my list to try foresure. It's done great things in my 22 & 6.5 creedmoor. Going to pick up some rl26 & 23 to try too.
After 15 years working up loads, I heard a fellow say you know when you hear , use, a load and it works, Stop, don't reinvent the wheel, absolutely everything running with a proven load, use it go shoot, If it works your done development, work on your shooting.
Great advice for me, and probably works for other shooters, Good Luck.

I have a 6 Creedmoor and it shoots great. My load is 41.5 grains of R-16, 105 hybrids, CPI-450 primers and Lapua brass. Velocity is 3080 out of a 26 inch Proof Sendero contour barrel. Have R-23 and R-26 on hand but I am kind of like rancher5 in that I have a great grouping load and really don't need to do more load developing.
Action is a Rem 700 with a Triggertech trigger. Smithed by Mike Davis of Davis Custom Rifles. Stock is a McMillan carbon fiber. Burris XTR ll scope and rings. Very pleased with this rig! Have shot steel out to 900 yards with some success.
You will enjoy your 6 Creedmoor build. It is a fun gun to shoot.

I have a 6 Creedmoor and it shoots great. My load is 41.5 grains of R-16, 105 hybrids, CPI-450 primers and Lapua brass. Velocity is 3080 out of a 26 inch Proof Sendero contour barrel. Have R-23 and R-26 on hand but I am kind of like rancher5 in that I have a great grouping load and really don't need to do more load developing.
Action is a Rem 700 with a Triggertech trigger. Smithed by Mike Davis of Davis Custom Rifles. Stock is a McMillan carbon fiber. Burris XTR ll scope and rings. Very pleased with this rig! Have shot steel out to 900 yards with some success.
You will enjoy your 6 Creedmoor build. It is a fun gun to shoot.
Good to know isn't R16 one of the newer powders,suppose to help with less copper fouling, I think because these new powders are stable in varies temp range and if the barrel Anti fouling properties, I'd absolutely try this powder, what node are you at, before you run into pressure signs for Your rifle.Thanks CCC

When I was developing a load it grouped best at 41.5 grains. Went up some more, half grain, and the groups opened so I just went back to what grouped best. R16 does have copper fouling eraser in it. The powder is bulky and fills up the case about half way up the shoulder.
Haven't noticed any signs of pressure in my gun but my thoughts are this load is close to max.
Hope this helps
Larry

I built a 6cm on a TL Action with a Remage 26" 8- Twist. I bought the Alpha small rifle primer brass, and use Federal Small rifle Match primers. I am pushing a 108 gr ELDM almost 3150 with H4350. One suggestion on the brass is that I would not skimp. I would do lapua, or Alpha. I can't get any kind of consistent result with the Hornady brass. I get consistent .3-.4" groups and consistent downrange results. I'm very happy with the results.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts