6 PRC

How does the 135 a tip perform on wolves? Yardage and velocity?
in my 18 it runs 2985-3000. in the 22 its 3100. I've been very happy overall with the 135 on yotes, wolves, and cat. Even a couple deer. The longest poke on a wolf with the 135 is 750, 1125 on a yote, lots of yotes 500-900, and a cat at 535. Wolves have been 515-550 mainly. Prior to the 135 I shot 147's out of my 6.5-284 at 3000ish running a 28" barrel. That was before I went to suppressor's and I won't hunt without a can now.

I do have some of the 140grn accubond to try. Does anyone have any experience with this factory ammo?

I always loaded accubonds for my 300 wsm. They were great, but never tried the factory. So Im wandering accuracy and how they do on big game.

Has anyone burnt out a barrel in this? how long did it go?

I don't have a 6 PRC like Hunt's does but I've a long history with the 6/06 which is darn close but not quite. I've been around 9 barrels for it or, by and large we went 1700-2500 rounds before they gave up the ghost. We had them pretty well dialed so load work on a new barrel was generally less than 10 rounds. The rest of the rounds were pretty much in the killing fields with a stop here and there to shoot one round to make sure they were still 1" high @100.

I suspect the 6 PRC won't quite get this kind of round count but if one would go to top end then drop down 100 fps give or take you'd get darn close.

Just a thunk

(I'm giving strong thought to having one done off my 70/7WSM action once I run out of brass for the 7)

I don't have a 6 PRC like Hunt's does but I've a long history with the 6/06 which is darn close but not quite. I've been around 9 barrels for it or, by and large we went 1700-2500 rounds before they gave up the ghost. We had them pretty well dialed so load work on a new barrel was generally less than 10 rounds. The rest of the rounds were pretty much in the killing fields with a stop here and there to shoot one round to make sure they were still 1" high @100.

I suspect the 6 PRC won't quite get this kind of round count but if one would go to top end then drop down 100 fps give or take you'd get darn close.

Just a thunk

(I'm giving strong thought to having one done off my 70/7WSM action once I run out of brass for the 7)
I rebarreled 2 Winchester classic wsm's to 6.5 prc and both have feeding issues for the mag well on the left bank. I didn't even consider that as an issue due to case similarity. It shouldn't be a hard fix but I haven't gotten around to it.

Interesting, that really surprises me but thanks for the heads up. I'll have to find some cases and give it a go.

Thx

A guy here on the forum told me he got 1500 rounds on a barrel and still shooting well.
That also depends on the definition of good to though.

A guy here on the forum told me he got 1500 rounds on a barrel and still shooting well.
That also depends on the definition of good to though.
Also depends on how hard you run it, I have zero doubt I could of roasted a barrel on one good day in a PD field but the gun isn't built for that.