6.5 Grendel for whitetail

The 6mm arc is a necked down 6.5 grendel. For targets and steel banging the higher bc of the 108 eld makes a difference. In a hunting situation I would rather be able to shoot heavier 6.5 bullets.
It's also got the shoulder pushed back some so a bit less case. But with oal limits the 6mm will be better for long range paper and steel. But for hunting the 6.5 may be the better option. I 100 percent would have went 6mm turbo or probably even the arc but the Grendel was affordable at the time and nobody made decent 100gr rounds.

Plus I've always liked the 6mm for no reason other than I like it so I always lean that way. Not sure one is better than the other unless you have very specific needs. Paper and steel 6mm arc hunting 6.5 Grendel same 100gr bullets will leave more room in case for powder. Will hit bit harder on game.

I shot this one 2 years ago with my AR platform 6.5 Grendel, 123 gr SST. Shot him right at 230 yards, spun around the opposite direction and went about 10 feet. Just got him back from the taxidermist this past weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2970.jpeg
    IMG_2970.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 37
hunted with grendel for at least two years and I think it's the ideal whitetail and hog cartridge. Never had a deer take a step with either 123 SSTs or even the 123 black match bullets. And I'm talking tough 200 lb hogs too
Try the hammers you will be shocked how much better they are. I agree those bullets are good. I still shoot them some but rare if ever on game anymore.

Recent Posts