6.5 creedmoor to 6.5-06

I'd run with the Creed,,,, my new 65/06 might have a small edge over the Creed's smaller case,,, but is it really worth the extra funds...

What's wrong with 27 to 2800 ft-per seconds,,, would the furry critters know the difference,,, maybe at distance,,, but how often does that happen...

I found a nice tight water-line at 2743 ft-per seconds,,, the other is 2835 ft-per seconds,,, I hate to say this.,,, I like the softer load since it is a 2 1/2" spread at 400 meters...

Just me i guess...

Accuracy out trumps velocities all day in my books,,,, to each their own,,,, find what works for you and get at it,,, lifes to short to pick straws...

I've been loading 143eldx and h4350. Tiny groups. 100yrds zero 200 yards 4in low. Just not what I was expecting.

I saw 6.5 Creedmoor on a bear at 40 yards and a very large mule deer buck at 225yds so far this fall. Both dropped nicely with one shot, the bears lungs were vaporized.

I too think 6.5 Creedmoor is bland shooting, it repeats and repeats accuracy, mild recoil and solid stopping power. It is so good it is not exciting and now that everyone owns one the cool is worn off it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.