Ruger 6.5 Creedmoor Review

my nephew just got a 77vt in 6.5cm, and is slowly rounding up scope, dies, brass, etc. i am anxious to see how it does. i have been patiently waiting for SOME kind of 6.5cm to fool with, but haven't committed to anything yet. i have actually made an offer on 2 different #1s, but didn't manage to snag one yet. i guess i am holding out for a bolt gun.

Got the 28" heavy barrel target. I've been real happy with it. Shooting Horady 120gr SST just under 3000fps. Right now I trust it and me out to 600yds. Working on 800 to 1000. I believe the rifle will do it. Might have to go to a different bullet though. It takes a while.

I'm currently working on a 6.5cm build. Barrel is supposed to be in this week at the gun smith's, I have the scope and rings sitting here and have been looking for supplies so I can start reloading soon. Hopefully will be shooting it in a few weeks.
I looked at a few different rounds for a deer rifle, and really like what I saw for this caliber.

Ya, it is pretty easy to get proficient at the closer ranges but its a different story at a half mile.

So far I like everything about the Creed. Its pretty amazing what it can do with just 42 grains of powder.

The Creedmoor is indeed a great round but so is the .260 and several people make good brass for it now. Also the parent brass will be around for a long time. Remember the Creedmoor cases and ammunition are made by just one company. I would feel a lot more confident in the round if some other ammunition makers would pick it up. I have heard Hornady would not let that happen. I still have one but I have a .260 also, but both are bolt actions.

The Creedmoor is indeed a great round but so is the .260 and several people make good brass for it now. Also the parent brass will be around for a long time. Remember the Creedmoor cases and ammunition are made by just one company. I would feel a lot more confident in the round if some other ammunition makers would pick it up. I have heard Hornady would not let that happen. I still have one but I have a .260 also, but both are bolt actions.

Nosler will soon start making ammo for the creed. Check it out on there website.

I think he was referring to some form of 6.5 Creedmoor chambered rifle. Ruger, Savage, Browning, Remington, Custom build. Ect. . And each maker has more than a couple variations.
I'm hoping Ruger comes out with it in the Ultra Light, Scout and All American.

I'm late to the party. I've had a CM for about 3 years. Mine is a light weight Hunter made by savage. The rifle weighs south of 6.5# with scope. It shoots unreal to be quite frank. I can't believe it sometimes. It is the least expensive rifle I have in my safe and yet is in the top 2 or 3 in accuracy. I load it with 40.1 grains of hybrid 100v with 140 Bergers and it will cough up 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups all day every day. Don't know my velocities as I've never really worried about it hunting mainly in Georgia....under 300 yard shots. Over all, great rifle, great cartridge, easy to load for, low recoil, inherently accurate.

if I ever build a "full custom" it will likely be a 6.5 CM

Yes the Creedmoor and the .260 are great cartridges. I recently shot a Ruger Target in 6.5 Creedmoor. It got out to 1400 yards and was still super sonic. I am shooting a Ruger Predator in Creedmoor and it is just as accurate as most custom rilfes.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.