4X4 Show And Tell!!! You need them for LR shooting!!!

Wish I would have went 2 Wheels a long time ago.

2022 KLR650 Adventure, Stock for now, will be outfitting it for moto touring/adventure trips in the next year. May not be 4x4 but its pretty versatile. Have not taken it on long trips yet but works good on the back 40. Really good little commuter too.

2012 Yamaha Grizzly 450, only mods are tires and a winch.

1992 Jeep Cherokee 3" SA lift with springs, 30' BFG's and Pro Comp Steelies. Goal was to have a good daily driver and still have very good offroad capability. As multiple people mentioned, too many guys underestimate the usefulness of a lower key build. You dont need 37's and a a big block to go offroad.

RK0cdHL.jpg

ZKgUl90.jpg

4xqcI11.png

kjlznlX.png
I've considered dropping down to stock height and going with 31's. But in deep snow it wheels so good with 33's.

I had the 5100's before upgrading to the 6112 and 5160. I experimented with sway bars on and off. I can tell a big difference on the front since the 1500 has IFS. Not as big of a difference on or off on the rear with the solid axle. I'm betting on a 2500 with solid axles front and rear there would not be as much difference. But I'm sure there has to be some reason the sell the power wagon with electronic sway bar disconnects :).
The disconnects on the Power Wagon and some Jeep products are to get better articulation, as in you can run one tire much higher than the other for severe off camber and rock use. The owners manual warns you not to leave them disconnected for road use, and some of the newer ones will automatically re-lock them above about 25 mph. You are right that the half tons ride better than the 2500s and the Power Wagons are sprung much softer than a regular 2500 as well.

The tires on my 2500 came stock at 33.5" so that is what I run in the Duratracs too.

Last edited:
I loved my 300-6 F250. But that 4.0L is a great engine. Most straight sixes are!
Had an 86 F150 body on an 82 chassis and I-6 engine. Had a Borgwarner T18 4 Speed with granny gear pulled from a 3/4 Ton and that thing was unstoppable. I miss that thing lol and it got 18 mpg on Premium. Still got my 92 Cherokee with a 4.0, you couldnt pry it out of my hands.

Had an 86 F150 body on an 82 chassis and I-6 engine. Had a Borgwarner T18 4 Speed with granny gear pulled from a 3/4 Ton and that thing was unstoppable. I miss that thing lol and it got 18 mpg on Premium. Still got my 92 Cherokee with a 4.0, you couldnt pry it out of my hands.
That's what my 86 F250 had. Bummer it had the computer controlled carb. I should of left it stock and just re-routed all the vacuum lines. Bone stock I got 17 mpg one time cutting about 1.25 cords of wet wood. Slow truck, but dang it was great in the woods.

Now we need a thread on how you carry rifles in your truck for convenient access.
Fabbed this for the General just for that reason. Rifles are slipped into woven silicon socks to keep them clean.
Lots of roof or floor mount kits are out there for trucks and jeep types.

Attachments

• 20220217_163801.jpg
    20220217_163801.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220216_160358.jpg
    20220216_160358.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Fabbed this for the General just for that reason. Rifles are slipped into woven silicon socks to keep them clean.
Lots of roof or floor mount kits are out there for trucks and jeep types.
I need to set up one. I mostly hunt alone so most any mount is fine. But I prefer muzzle down and need to come up with a system. Either store bought or DIY.