You need one of these!!

i have the Lyman and a power dump , iwas reloading for 300 rum h1000 91 gr had dump set @90.3 . Dump into pan scale finishes load ,dump load into brass dump 90gr from dump etc,etc can hardly keep seating bullets .A real time saver and a joy to use.

Wouldn't mind if RCBS replaced the plastic pan with a metal one like I have on my Ohaus scale. When I recieved mine, I had to take an anti-static dryer cloth to all the plastic parts so powder wouldn't stick. The old Ohaus will hardly be used anymore. I do however warm mine up for about 30 minutes. I notice it will creep a tenth or two up with the empty pan on it. Then when it reads 107.7g, I push "ZERO" it's ready to go.
db

Brassbender,

I loaded up 60 .338 MOAGs today and timed about half of them to give you an average. It came out 25.4 seconds to dump 96 grains of RL25 to the .1 grain accuracy level. I checked the first 20 charges again just to see if that big of a powder charge tripped it up and it did not. It actually seems like it "likes" the big charges better a little. This machine will throw up to 300 grains and would be an absolute must for a 50 bmg loader (or for future 408 chey tac improved shooters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

[ QUOTE ]
Call RCBS and get another powder pan (plastic)

[/ QUOTE ]

That was actually the first thing I threw in the garbage before the plastic wrapper! A plastic pan? What was RCBS thinking? Every other scale including the 5-0-2 comes with their trademark metal gold pan. THey should have included that with this unit too.
I tried zeroing the scale with that plastic nightmare and all I got was misreads from the load cell because of too much static electricity. 32.5 grains of Benchmark was poured into the plastic pan, and 28 grains came out! The rest was stuck to the plastic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I just borrowed the gold pan from my 10-10 and then everything worked like a dream. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What do I do with my virtually previous system

[/ QUOTE ]

I will tell you what I'm going to do with mine! I am going to put a bench and press in my uncle Brian's enclosed trailer for on the spot load development and reloading on the hunt versatility. The old 10-10 and precision mic powder thrower will fit nicely into the package!
This new CHargemaster comes with a wind guard for field use, but I don't think I want a $300 dollar scale in the elements, nor do I want to pack along a generator!

[ QUOTE ]
nor do I want to pack along a generator!

[/ QUOTE ]

A suitable inverter that runs off the truck battery is only a fraction of the cost of a generator. They weigh 5 pounds and are almost silent if you buy a solid state model. That is what we run the 110 volt key duplicator from on the work van.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts