375 DCM, 375/408imp

Very true Greg, no doubt the 7.25 will keep em stable waaay out there, its unfortunate that the Gain Twist Bartleins seem to be so hard to come by, that's really why I mentioned about the slower twist. Regardless, keep up the great work:)gun)

Very true Greg, no doubt the 7.25 will keep em stable waaay out there, its unfortunate that the Gain Twist Bartleins seem to be so hard to come by, that's really why I mentioned about the slower twist. Regardless, keep up the great work:)gun)

Currently still waiting for a couple of big 7 exit barrels from Bartlein.

They got made, one failed inspection, the remake shouldn't be far away...hopefully...

Greg

Check out Rock Creek for 375 cal barrels ....
for my 375 Warlord project they made me two 34" CheyTac contour blanks in 375 cal 7.5 tw with a 7 exit, got 'em both within a couple weeks, gave one to my smith to play with and sounds like he has been shooting it in his 375 SnipeTac, on my way to the shop to pick up my 375 Stomper and will ask him how the Rock shoots the 425 gr CEB's

Greg

for my 375 Warlord project they made me two 34" CheyTac contour blanks in 375 cal 7.5 tw with a 7 exit, got 'em both within a couple weeks, gave one to my smith to play with and sounds like he has been shooting it in his 375 SnipeTac, on my way to the shop to pick up my 375 Stomper and will ask him how the Rock shoots the 425 gr CEB's

Sounds great thanks.

Just something to be aware of, I had serious issues with a 375 1-9 twist Lilja I got at great expense, it was undersize, .365 across the lands, 375 between the grooves.

I had to get CEB to make custom projectiles for me for that barrel, once again at great expense, I wasn't a happy boy, lessons were learnt so it wasn't all lost, extremely frustrating when you are on the other side of the world though.....

The barrels need to be .366 across the lands, if it under the bore-rider won't fit, if bigger the projectile won't engage properly & will fail to stabilise, like a Pacnor 1-8 Polygonal a mate used....

Greg

Are the rock creek 375 barrels 7 twist the entire 34 inch length? Always wondered if starting them at a fast twist affects anything. Are they button or cut rifling as Greg says any tight or loose spots or land and grove size change can upset the big long CE 375.

Currently still waiting for a couple of big 7 exit barrels from Bartlein.

They got made, one failed inspection, the remake shouldn't be far away...hopefully...

So thats what happened to them I'm relieved to have my Bartlein 375 gain twist 40 inch 12-7 twist finally in my hands ready to chamber in 375 DCM.

Rock Creek Barrels are cut rifled, they are not a radical 12-7 gain twist or T-Rifled type of barrel but do have a slight gain, 7.5 tw at breech to 7tw at muzzle, apparrently that is a normal Rock Creek rifling style in their barrels

Rock Creek Barrels are cut rifled, they are not a radical 12-7 gain twist or T-Rifled type of barrel but do have a slight gain, 7.5 tw at breech to 7tw at muzzle, apparrently that is a normal Rock Creek rifling style in their barrels

Keep us posted how the Rock Creek 7.5-7 twist barrels perform.

Impressive in typical Idaho winds. However the wind was relatively steady.

I kept my eye on the ponytail. Hmmmmm, never moved...:)

I anticipated that after he made the major break in shooting position that the next shot would be a bit off. It was but only a bit. The next shot was right in there.

Thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.