338 XC, Snipetac, or EnABELR

I'm curious to see how your load development goes. What is your CBTO length? At .020 off lands, I'm running 3.425 inches. 250gr Berger Hybrid. Seating depth testing tomorrow.

I'm curious to see how your load development goes. What is your CBTO length? At .020 off lands, I'm running 3.425 inches. 250gr Berger Hybrid. Seating depth testing tomorrow.
Don't know yet. Thought there was 338 collect in my hornady set, but there wasn't so I'm have to wait on one in the mail to show up.

Always something, seems like, eh? I was running seating testing, and one of the group's fell completely apart. Discovered the brake had loosened up. Arrrrghh!!!!

Always something, seems like, eh? I was running seating testing, and one of the group's fell completely apart. Discovered the brake had loosened up. Arrrrghh!!!!
That's bad luck there especially with a caliber like this. Ya, anytime going to a new caliber/diameter it seems like you got to get more stuff because you forget about something or assume you have it.

Love my 338-408 cheytac. Current accuracy load is a 300 grain matchking at 3200. Accuracy seems to fall off after that.

Going to load up some 300 grain a tips and see where it wants to be.

btw the velocity in the pic is just a "fireforming" load

Attachments

• F5957D19-EEE6-4297-B0F4-EA6E224EB12C.jpeg
    F5957D19-EEE6-4297-B0F4-EA6E224EB12C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
What collect are you using. The nose on the Super Bulldozer is too long to use with the Hornady Bullet Comparator collect? Do you have something different?

What collect are you using. The nose on the Super Bulldozer is too long to use with the Hornady Bullet Comparator collect? Do you have something different?
Wowzer , that must be one long nosed bullet! I'm using Hornandy's 9-33 comparator.

I'm looking at my comparator, thinking of your dilemma; maybe I'd take the screws out and drill a 3/16 or 1/4 hole all the way thru the body. That might give you enough room. Hope you get it shooting soon. I took mine out to 800 yrs yesterday... What a hoot!!!

Recent Posts