338 XC, Snipetac, or EnABELR

I need about 0.015" according to my calipers. I've been trying to see if someone makes a spacer or a deeper comparator.

0272F837-90A1-4E5C-9980-C16CC089DC1C.jpeg

I'm looking at my comparator, thinking of your dilemma; maybe I'd take the screws out and drill a 3/16 or 1/4 hole all the way thru the body. That might give you enough room. Hope you get it shooting soon. I took mine out to 800 yrs yesterday... What a hoot!!!
Between the holidays and the weather it's been hard to get out. Would love to get out and get the barrel broke in at least.

Between the holidays and the weather it's been hard to get out. Would love to get out and get the barrel broke in at least.
I get it. I've been off work for a week, and only got out twice. Going out today, tho! Not gonna let a little rain get in the way of burning up my barrel! If the wind is blowing hard, that will queer the deal. Absolutely hate wind.

Got the barrel broke in this weekend. It shoots good and is definitely showing promise. Wasn't quite as fast I thought it would be, 3114fps was the fastest. This was the last three shots.
AFD49660-B162-438C-AA27-F6EA692BC9A2.jpeg

Got the barrel broke in this weekend. It shoots good and is definitely showing promise. Wasn't quite as fast I thought it would be, 3114fps was the fastest. This was the last three shots.
How many rounds through it? most barrels pickup 100-150 fps after 150-200 rounds. That being said a buddy of mine is running 300gr Bergers at 3180 but swelled case heads after 3rd firing, I've told him to back the load off but not sure where he's at with that. Depending how much he's gotta back the load off It's only going to be slightly faster than a 338 Edge.
What distance was that group at?

How many rounds through it? most barrels pickup 100-150 fps after 150-200 rounds. That being said a buddy of mine is running 300gr Bergers at 3180 but swelled case heads after 3rd firing, I've told him to back the load off but not sure where he's at with that. Depending how much he's gotta back the load off It's only going to be slightly faster than a 338 Edge.
What distance was that group at?

Only got nine rounds through it to do the barrel break in, was just expecting a little more speed since it's a 275gr bullet. Target was 100 yards.

Maybe I missed it, but what powder/load you running?
Don't remember if I posted it.😂. I was having a hard time finding load information for the 275gr SBII, so I called David Tubb and he recommended starting with 120gr of H50BMG, which I did, and used for these first nine shots.

I feel your pain about the speed... I'm only getting 3200 running 250 Bergers. It shoots good, tho.
Hopefully mine will speed up as I get more rounds down the tube and start increasing powder charge. Did you jump in 2 grain increments like David says in his write up about the XC?

Recent Posts