300wm Rifle Weight

The christesen Slayer is the most effective brake i have used. It's really loud. I don' know how it would fit for you cause it's made for a .920 muzzle, I have it on two .820 muzzles.

I've heard the terminator, slayer and mbm beast are all great brakes. Already got the mbm on there and with matching cerakote. Looks fantastic.

What do you guys think is the perfect scoped weight for a 300wm hunting rig? Yes heavier is nicer to shoot, lighter is nicer to carry. But what is juuust right?
I run a Tikka T3x roughtech in 300wm. Has an arken SH4-16 34mm tube, Harris bipod 9-13in. Shooting Berger 210s at 2900 and eldx 220s at 2850fps. Gun weights 9.8lbs, without the brake it sucks, with it it's a non issue. I just purchased a xlr element 4.0 magnesium and that should push it to roughly 10.25 lbs. I'm 6'2 220lbs for reference. Every year I do a 12 day backcountry unlimited bighorn hunt. No trails, high country stuff. But long shots.

Does anyone shoot a chassis gun that accepts extra weight for those range sessions or certain hunting situations? Add 5-6 lbs or so to an 8-9 lb light weight setup when needed.
I have an MPA chassis that acquired a few years ago that can add that amount of weight. The chassis by itself is heavier then the existing stock 1-2 pounds plus the chassis accepts weights for the forearm and butt of the chassis to easily bring the weight to 5-6 pounds.
My 300WM with MPA Chassis(approximately 3 pounds) used for long range shooting. The chassis is set up for light weight because of the heavier contour barrel, but an additional +5 pounds can be added by switching to a heavy weight bag bag rider, and adding various weights that install inside the forearm. This approach balances the heavier rifle nicely, particularly when a tripod is utilized.
IMG_1124.jpeg

9 pounds. I don't see where all this muzzle blast and or recoil comes into play. It's very pleasant to shoot, my almost 70 year old dad loves shooting his. Off the bench, prone, off hand...200s or 215s and loaded max. Spot your hits, shoot it all day and carry it all week, a literal joy to shoot. No need for an 11+ pound hunting rifle in our camp.