300 WM Reloading question

Red Green would have it converted to wood or propanešŸ˜‰
He'd have Multi-Fuel options. Wood, propane, coal, Canadian Whiskey, and unrefined beer farts.

Regarding the OP, I've always done well w/IMR 4831 and 200gn Partitions or Barnes TSX. Remingtons, Winchesters, a Sako 75, several Wby Vanguard/1500's off the top of my head. You get a nice full case and extremely low ES/SD.

He'd have Multi-Fuel options. Wood, propane, coal, Canadian Whiskey, and unrefined beer farts.

Regarding the OP, I've always done well w/IMR 4831 and 200gn Partitions or Barnes TSX. Remingtons, Winchesters, a Sako 75, several Wby Vanguard/1500's off the top of my head. You get a nice full case and extremely low ES/SD.

That's where we are going to start, 200g partition and I have some IMR 4831 but also going to try H4831sc since I have an abundance of that

I have a custom 300WM built on a Defiance Ruckus action. The barrel is a 26" 1-9 Twist Bartlein and I have a 300 PRC 26" 1-9 Benchmark barrel that I swap out on that gun as well.

In my experience on this rifle in the past 4 years is that on both barrels keeping the velocity in the 2800 - 2850 fps with Berger 208 LRHT, 215 Hybrids, 220 LRHT and 230 Hybrids they just flat shoot. My best and most consistent groups is with the 220 LRHT and that is what I shoot mostly. I have shot with the Hornady 225 ELDMs and they work alright, but once I went Berger I haven't gone back.

Powders I have had the best results with are R26, H1000 and Retumbo. I have VV570, but haven't tried that yet, because the R26 is working so well.

Primers Federal 215GMM if you can find them. I have great success with CCI 34's as well.

I'm using Lapua brass and have used GunWerks as well.

I can give you the specifics if you want, but it is best to find your COAL or CBTO of the projectile in your specific rifle and then play with charges to find pressure and then back down and make the gun shoot. I find with quality components and custom rifles its like the easy button over factory guns (not meaning that they can't shoot well too).

Recent Posts