300 win mag production rifle...

After seeing my buddies new Browning Hells Canyon Long Range 6.5 Creedmoor in action. It would move to the top of my list. Everything about it is great, super accurate with Hornady ELDM & X loads.

Look to Europtics for your Ridgeline, ask for Keefer. The new Sauer 100 has been getting Great reviews too.

I did this and have an amazing long range rifle that will kill anything in North America and it weights under 10 lbs.

Buy a Weatherby Ultra Lightweight in 300 Win Mag, I use Nosler ABLR's in 190 grain and am getting similar velocities and energy as a 338.

Have your gunsmith swap out the barrel from their #2 to a Wilson Match Grade #3. At 200 yards and am getting .25 MOA, quite remarkable and very a affordable. With any rifle the stock has to fit you perfectly, so if a Monte Carlo Stock does not fit you like a glove, this would not be a good option for you.

Last edited:
no sure how much longer you still have but if you able gather all the part. Sent it to Lri put together barrel and action with break. Turnaround time is about 1 week.do the rest yourself. finding load take 2 trip to the range.

I've procrastinated on getting a custom rifle built for my upcoming hunts and now it's too late to have one built. I'm looking to spend 2k give or take and not sure what direction to go. I'm looking at the weatherby ultra lightweight and the nosler model 48 long range. Not sure if I'm wasting money on these and should look at other options or try to find something else on the classifieds. And opinions would be appreciated. Thx

Attachments

• BE4BAF33-F9FF-4544-A967-E1A445F3C9DB.png
    BE4BAF33-F9FF-4544-A967-E1A445F3C9DB.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 202
Given your use and weight wants, Browning Hell's Canyon Pro X-bolt would be a good option as well. Under 7lbs, has a brake and great reviews and the WBY ultralightweights are excellent too. I have had those in 300Wby and was true sub moa at 200yds

The Hell's Canyon Speed is also a great option. I could not believe how well they shoot with factory fodder.

One thing to consider with whatever you buy...make sure you can fit the bullets you want to shoot in your mag. I have a Vanguard, like the rifle, but in order to be in any vicinity of the lands when using 212's, 215's etc...much longer than mag length due to the long throat. Still working on those loads, but if they run like I hope they will, I will be looking at a new box etc. etc. So I recommend you make sure whatever you choose has a long enough box, and if you want to be able to shoot the heavies to their best potential at all elevations...something faster than a 1/10 is probably a good idea.

Bush babies about rifle weight! I weigh 66kg, and hunted in Nepal at 15,000 ft with a Blaser 8x68S, Match Barrelled( 22mm fluted) topped with S&B PM II altogether weighing nearly 7 kg. Took a world class Blue Sheep.
Get into shape big fellas!

Why not the Remington 700 Sendero in 300 win mag?
Hi folks and greetings from the UK.
I've owned an accurised 300WM Sendero for many years, and it's awesome. It has the standard barrel, though hand lapped, and threaded 15x1 for a JET-Z sound moderator.
I now use Berger 230 OTM Hybrids though Berger 215 VLD's are excellent too.
The threads were trued up, the bolt lugs lapped, and the trigger unit replaced.I bedded the action, and fitted a Picatinny rail myself.
Apparently Sendero's shoot very well as standard
I can certainly attest to the reliability of mine
Personally, I'd look for a little used second hand Sendero,, and consider accurising as and when or even get a gunsmith to do all of that
You'd probably still be under $2000.
Haooy hunting.

I've procrastinated on getting a custom rifle built for my upcoming hunts and now it's too late to have one built. I'm looking to spend 2k give or take and not sure what direction to go. I'm looking at the weatherby ultra lightweight and the nosler model 48 long range. Not sure if I'm wasting money on these and should look at other options or try to find something else on the classifieds. And opinions would be appreciated. Thx
I have a Remington 700 in 300 Ultra Mag with Christensen carbon fiber barrel. 1" 5 round groups at 200 yards. Willing to sell it as most of our game in Hawaii is too small for that round. Less than 50 rounds shot. If you're interested send me an email at [email protected].

Steyr Pro Hunters are being closed out for a new model, at less than $700.00 in stainless & .300WM, you can get one of the finest barrels in the business. Mag length is very forgiving to those long ogive slugs. Trigger is a dream from the factory. Just added a muzzle brake to mine and a great optic on a 20 MOA rail, I'm set without having to break the bank. It's a steal.

For $699 - you would be hard pressed to beat the Tikka T3X - and the X/latest model is important - as in addition to a stainless steel barrel, it has a steel recoil lug, an improved recoil pad - weighs just under 7 lbs - and is guaranteed to shoot Sub MOA - plus it has a good trigger. Spend the rest on good glass - say $600-$1,000+ - and you will be able to shoot/compete with just about any rifle. Some say it might be a wee bit finicky finding the right load - but when you do 1/2" is not uncommon.

And for saya .300 Win Mag - you can get Muzzle brakes if you like - some even are easily attachable/removable - for extended bench shooting - but as for hunting - if you are taking a shot at a big critter - you shouldn't even notice the recoil. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.