300 Blackout Ammo Selection

I tested a lot of bullets for SSK & Lehigh Defense.
JD developed the Whisper using 240 gr. Sierra HPBT Match bullets. They're so long they tumble when hitting & create internal damage & wierd exit holes. I asked JD about 200 & 220 gr. HPBTs. He said to test them. I did. Bottom line: the 200 & 220 BTs are not long enough or unstable enough to tumble. The deer I shot with them didn't react to the hit. Most took 10+ minutes to die. Internal damage was minimal. Exits were pencil thin.
I then tested the Sierra 220 RN. Apparently, the RN expands a little (more internal damage & larger exits than the shorter HPs), and the RN must make it unstable enough when hitting deer. These work fantastic. I get about 95% instant knock downs & kills with it. The only other bullet I've seen do this is the Lehigh 186 gr. Controlled Chaos (other Lehighs I tested were very poor in performance).
The problem I see with the newer subsonic bullets/loads is they do not shoot to the same point of aim as the 220 RNs. Subsonic rounds mandate the use of mil dot scopes since they have the trajectory of a thrown rock. Last year I took a large 8 pt. buck at 240 yds. in a driving rain/wind storm with the 220 RN. Instant death.
To answer your question, I would not use 200 gr. subsonics, especially, HPBTs. Maybe some of the newer rounds might work, but I'm totally satisfied with my findings and see no reason to change.

The problem I see with the newer subsonic bullets/loads is they do not shoot to the same point of aim as the 220 RNs. Subsonic rounds mandate the use of mil dot scopes since they have the trajectory of a thrown rock. Last year I took a large 8 pt. buck at 240 yds. in a driving rain/wind storm with the 220 RN. Instant death.
To answer your question, I would not use 200 gr. subsonics, especially, HPBTs. Maybe some of the newer rounds might work, but I'm totally satisfied with my findings and see no reason to change.

Subsonic doesn't require a mil reticle at all - ballistics don't care if your scope is in mils or minutes.

Verify your drops. My rangefinder will display the solution. Quick dial of the turret and I'm good to go.