257 RPM

huntinfool18

I finally got a scope on my 257 and put a few rounds down range. I did a really quick pressure test a couple weeks ago with staball hd powder and 134eld. Took it up to 71grs and 3370fps. For this trip i didn't do anything special loaded 69gr of staball hd with a 134 at the lands no other load work done.
First 3 shots with a scope on are the black target on once fired brass, average 3255fps
After letting the barrel cool and a couple clicks on the scope I fired 1 shot to confirm zero then dialed up 1moa and set the rifle aside while I shot my 7 mag. Next 3shots in the square. Had to let the rifle cool and take a pic. Couldn't leave well enough alone so I fired 2 more. Of course I had to mess it up. It was all me. I'm sure it would have been in the group as well. Gun went off right when a gust of wind came up. This was virgin brass with the same load as above. 69gr staball hd and a 134 at the lands. Was only 5 fps slower then the once fired brass at 3250fps. Pretty impressed with the rifle so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpeg
    IMG_1544.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1546.jpeg
    IMG_1546.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1547.jpeg
    IMG_1547.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I finally got a scope on my 257 and put a few rounds down range. I did a really quick pressure test a couple weeks ago with staball hd powder and 134eld. Took it up to 71grs and 3370fps. For this trip i didn't do anything special loaded 69gr of staball hd with a 134 at the lands no other load work done.
First 3 shots with a scope on are the black target on once fired brass, average 3255fps
After letting the barrel cool and a couple clicks on the scope I fired 1 shot to confirm zero then dialed up 1moa and set the rifle aside while I shot my 7 mag. Next 3shots in the square. Had to let the rifle cool and take a pic. Couldn't leave well enough alone so I fired 2 more. Of course I had to mess it up. It was all me. I'm sure it would have been in the group as well. Gun went off right when a gust of wind came up. This was virgin brass with the same load as above. 69gr staball hd and a 134 at the lands. Was only 5 fps slower then the once fired brass at 3250fps. Pretty impressed with the rifle so far.
Cool! Rifle specs?

Recent Posts