Thoughts on Barnes VOR-TX Factory Ammo

RugerHawg413

Hello!
I have a mule deer hunt coming up and I currently have some factory Barnes VOR-TX factory ammo that I am planning on using. And I just wanted some thoughts, opinions, and past experiences with/on that bullet. I just wanted to know if that bullet is worth trusting for this hunt? Thank you so much, it is appreciated!!

Hello!
I have a mule deer hunt coming up and I currently have some factory Barnes VOR-TX factory ammo that I am planning on using. And I just wanted some thoughts, opinions, and past experiences with/on that bullet. I just wanted to know if that bullet is worth trusting for this hunt? Thank you so much, it is appreciated!!

The bullets used are great…..I have no idea as to the quality of the loaded cartridge! 😉 memtb

Hello!
It's the only ammo my REM 700 SPS 300RUM has seen since knew, first Barnes 165g TTSX, then 180g TTSX, which is all I have hunted with since, half a dozen Sambar last winter and the same number this year with a Red stag thrown in.
This ammo is very accurate, put 10 180g TTSX into 1 MoA @ 100.
Pretty bloody good!

Cheers.

I have killed several 3-4 cow elk, 1 moose, 2 mule deer, 2 Whitetail, and a 1/2 dozen wild boar with the TTSX. Works just fine.

they're usually fast and accurate. test fired a lot of rifles with lots of different ammo and Barnes usually shot well and was fast for bullet weight.

I have used the VOR-TX factory ammo in 6.5 CM.
127 LRX
10 Shots
2819 fps avg
29 ES
9 SD
Shoots a bit over 1 MOA in our Tikkas. Has killed everything we've shot at. Always exits.

I have worked up a handload for that 127 LRX bullet that shoots 1/2 MOA at 2935 fps.

Buddy shoots the VOR-TX 175 LRX load in .30-06, shoots a solid 1/2 MOA in his recent manufacture Weatherby.

I'm going to work up a load for the 175 LRX in my .300 Win. Hopefully have them ripping about 3200 fps.

Recent Posts