.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

T

55 gr of R26. Id say it's close to max in my rifle. No pressure signs. Farthest I've shot it is only 700 yds so far.
Loaded 30 rounds. 54.3 - 56.1. Hoping for accuracy closer to 3100 with a few hotter loads than previously tested. Thanks for the info.

Loaded 30 rounds. 54.3 - 56.1. Hoping for accuracy closer to 3100 with a few hotter loads than previously tested. Thanks for the info.
First load was 54.3 grain of RL26. Hard to believe the velocities. My chrono was placed too close to my barrels muzzle last trip out. I had it about 5-6' in front. I was getting horrible changes from 767 fps to 2080. Then occasionally is get a believable one. These 3 shots are from 15-16' away from the chronograph. Think I'll back it off to 54.0 grains even. That's my best groups. Should be in the upper 3000 to lower 3100 range. Pretty happy with that. These were 131 Blackjacks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-084218.png
    Screenshot_20220822-084218.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
View attachment 114211 View attachment 114212 The 6.5 Wolf Killer is nearly identical to the 6.5-284 in capacity, ballistics are same, in fact reloading data is interchangeable... My reason on doing it was based on almost 40 years of shooting the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser providing tons of brass from all makers on hand along with a bunch of Lapua brass and zero 6.5-284 brass made the decision to improve the Swede case unanimous, besides I have this distaste in building custom rifles in factory chamberings every knuckle dragging Joe Bob can acquire at the local WalMart, If I'm going to spend $$ on a build it will be a unique one,

the only costs incurred in this venture for me was a bit extra for dies as I had everything else on hand and reamer cost is same.... you can pretty much take the 8x57, 7x57, 6mm Rem, 257 Bob and max improve for same capacity results

3100 fps with 140 gr Berger Hybrid bullets is fairly decent I guess,

ALMOST as good as the 6.5 Creedmoor since the Creed case is known to have a much higher BC than any other case ever designed, according to Creed fans if you use shot placement the ELD bullets actually rise at distance instead of dropping and are actually flatter shooting than the 375 CheyTac beyond 1 mile with more energy to smite Elk and rhinos in their tracks, truly a modern marvel and you should really look into getting one
Swamplord,

I was thinking about rebarreling a Ruger 77 Mk II I bought many (~30) years ago in 6.5x55 Swede. I (foolishly) rechambered it in 6.5x284, which didn't work-out too well, for a couple reasons, i.e. feeding issues. And, original factory barrel was 22" - duh! Like that's going to utilize the capabilities of the 6.5x284Win!?!

Anyway, I was thinking to rebarrel it in your 6.5 Wolf Killer, since that's based off the 6.5x55 Swede, which the action was made for, i.e. no more feeding problems! And, I will rebarrel it with a ~26" barrel to take advantage of the 6.5 Wolf Killer capabilities.

Is there a shop you know of where I can get-ahold of a reamer for that wildcat of yours? I have plenty of 6.5x55 brass, and I can have Lee Precision make me a set of dies for it. I think somewhere I saw a reply from you mentioning a reamer supplier that had made that reamer in the past. I contacted a couple reamer suppliers, and they never heard of the 6.5 Wolf Killer.

One reamer supplier mentioned going with the 6.5x55 Ackley instead, but I don't particularly like the 40° shoulder angle. I prefer the 35° shoulder angle you used on the 6.5 Wolf Killer.

Also, one reamer supplier noted that the radius shown on the body/shoulder angle seems to be incorrect on your published drawing over on the '24hourcampfire' forum.

Thanks!

Welcome to the LRH forums!

You might get a faster response if you try Swamplord over on Snipershide. He doesn't post here much anymore but does on the 'hide.

:)

Welcome to the LRH forums!

You might get a faster response if you try Swamplord over on Snipershide. He doesn't post here much anymore but does on the 'hide.

:)
Thanks Sable.

I started trying to reach him on '24hourcampfire'. Someone on there posted to try to contact him on 'longrangehunting'.

Now, you say try 'Snipershide'. I hope I can finally get ahold of him — he seems to like changing forums...

Thanks Sable.

I started trying to reach him on '24hourcampfire'. Someone on there posted to try to contact him on 'longrangehunting'.

Now, you say try 'Snipershide'. I hope I can finally get ahold of him — he seems to like changing forums...
Wonder why ??? I'm assuming Swamp Lord is Miles. I think Logan resigned and had no ability to manage or make decisions. He wasn't getting paid so resigned is what I think I remember hearing. Lots of guys lost a bunch of money on bullet orders that were not fulfilled. My info may not be accurate tho. I only ordered bullets off the website. I got all my reamers directly from the reamer manufacturer. Never made contact with anyone other than Logan.

Last edited:

If you're on FB, you can also message him on Precision Rifled Ordnance. My last communication with him was 01-10-24.

If you're on FB, you can also message him on Precision Rifled Ordnance. My last communication with him was 01-10-24.
Thanks FEENIX.

Unfortunately, I'm not on FaceBook — I never wanted to support Zuckerberg.

I found the PRO FaceBook page on the 'web, of course, but since I don't use FB, I couldn't get ahold of him very easily.

Wonder why ??? I'm assuming Swamp Lord is Miles. I think Logan resigned and had no ability to manage or make decisions. He wasn't getting paid so resigned is what I think I remember hearing. Lots of guys lost a bunch of money on bullet orders that were not fulfilled. My info may not be accurate tho. I only ordered bullets off the website. I got all my reamers directly from the reamer manufacturer. Never made contact with anyone other than Logan.
Swamplord is neither of the former Blackjack crew, goes by Pro Martushef of Facebook. He's from Alaska and has his own full line of custom one off wildcats. Miles is totally MIA ghosted everyone and apparently the one who mismanaged finances. Logan is still readily available, but has totally distanced himself from Blackjack, but still heavily in the quarter bore scene.