.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Looks just like the 25 saum just a tad smaller and more work to make it lol

If you buy 6.5 SAUM brass you have to neck down to 25cal. Bertram and Hornady supply brass.

The 6.5 SST brass I bought from Rich will need to be necked down to 25 cal and it came neck turned already. Norma and ADG supply brass.

It doesn't seem like more work to me and will have a more uniform neck thickness while the shorter case will allow the bullet to be seated out of the powder colum further.

Guys setting around with a 25-06 that's on it last leg, with brass, dies, etc. Might be interested in these. That's my situation. I'm interested to see how things work for them with a standard 25-06. If it's looking good. I might rebarrel to 25-06 or 25-06AI with a 7 twist.

Not really interested in all of their short action setups though. I find it interesting that they created and tested all of those before testing with the old school long actions.....

I wish this was the case. I had my .257 Roy done by Hart's a few year back and because it was my first semi custom I said I'll shoot nothing lighter than the 115 nosler. So I received a 10 twist. Now in hindsight I always make sure I specify what I want. I love the rifle but just do t shoot it enough to justify another barrel and new Bullets at this stage. I am gonna give the lighter hammers a try and make it a even faster and flatter to 300.

I just had my .257 Weatherby rebarreled with a 1:8, standard reamer, can you tell me what your COAL is, can you still run them in a standard Mark V mag?

I believe that you are limited by you mag box length. If you are lucky, you may be able to get a 3.4" COAL (257 Wby) to fit in your mag box. If you have a good smith, you can lengthen the bolt stop on your bolt and remove the magazine insert (makes it 300 Wby COAL ) to fit a longer COAL than 3.4".

Just went out and measures some loads...Looks like I am running about 3.37" COAL to fit in mag box.

Assuming a Mark V action.

Last edited:
A look at some S/A cartridges with the 131gr ACE seated at 2.880" .

View attachment 109385
Left to Right.
25x47
25 Creedmoor
25/243 Win
25/243 WSSM
25 SST (not formed)
25 SS
25 SAUM
25 WSM

The cool thing is that every single one of these is more than capable to handle Long Range Matches or Long Range Hunting for the practiced. I have a few friends chambered 25 WSM and I will be doing 25 WSSM and 25 SST when time allows.

Very cool comparisons. Thanks.

KIMG0083.JPG
I posted up some starting and ascending load tests for 25-06 on Black Jack Facebook. Temperature outside averaged 47 degrees. I'll attach them here. I didn't get to max load. But there is probably another accuracy flat spot above 3000 MV. On the safe side I will say min 49.0 and max 54.0 H4831. Looks like I will check seating depths at 52.0 though 52.9 looks good. These were set .01 off the lands.

KIMG0081.JPG

Last edited:
the 257 K9 Killer ( 257 K9K ) is the 3rd barrel to my 6.5 Wolf Killer, 243 Coyote Killer build on a Tikka T3 Lite..., actually 4th barrel if you include the Tikka factory barrel in 6.5x55 Swede... one pass through a 25 cal bushing and BOOM..... gonna be awesome

1-257 K9 Killer.jpg
2-6.5 Wolf Killer-1.jpg
3-6.5 Wolf Killer-a.jpg

Last edited:
It's on a full length 6.5 Swede case and throated out for max potential and fit in factory Tikka T3 mags in 6.5 Swedish Mauser, short action wasn't even considered since this was done for a Tikka T3
How much does your 6.5 wolf killer differ from 6.5x284?

How much does your 6.5 wolf killer differ from 6.5x284?

It likely has less case capacity than the 6.5x284 (or any of the '06 variants); I doubt it's a meaningful difference though. The only practical difference between the two would be the head stamp.

6.5 Wolf Killer case capacity.jpg
6.5 Wolf Killer vs 6.5-284 vs 260 Rem.jpg
The 6.5 Wolf Killer is nearly identical to the 6.5-284 in capacity, ballistics are same, in fact reloading data is interchangeable... My reason on doing it was based on almost 40 years of shooting the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser providing tons of brass from all makers on hand along with a bunch of Lapua brass and zero 6.5-284 brass made the decision to improve the Swede case unanimous, besides I have this distaste in building custom rifles in factory chamberings every knuckle dragging Joe Bob can acquire at the local WalMart, If I'm going to spend $$ on a build it will be a unique one,

the only costs incurred in this venture for me was a bit extra for dies as I had everything else on hand and reamer cost is same.... you can pretty much take the 8x57, 7x57, 6mm Rem, 257 Bob and max improve for same capacity results

3100 fps with 140 gr Berger Hybrid bullets is fairly decent I guess,

ALMOST as good as the 6.5 Creedmoor since the Creed case is known to have a much higher BC than any other case ever designed, according to Creed fans if you use shot placement the ELD bullets actually rise at distance instead of dropping and are actually flatter shooting than the 375 CheyTac beyond 1 mile with more energy to smite Elk and rhinos in their tracks, truly a modern marvel and you should really look into getting one

ALMOST as good as the 6.5 Creedmoor since the Creed case is known to have a much higher BC than any other case ever designed, according to Creed fans if you use shot placement the ELD bullets actually rise at distance instead of dropping and are actually flatter shooting than the 375 CheyTac beyond 1 mile with more energy to smite Elk and rhinos in their tracks, truly a modern marvel and you should really look into getting one

AH, nothing like the sharp sting of sarcasm first thing in the morning...:eek:;)

And then there is the 6.5x55 Bob Jordan Ackley Improved:

n0RTHpN.jpg

The biggest drawback to cutting a chamber for any of the improved cartridges on 6.5x55 case (there are several) is that you either know the exact drawing number or you send the die makers 3-5 fired cases from which they will create your dies.

Also be sure to check the rim diameter of the x55 brass as some manufacturers make it to the original spec of 0.480" diameter which makes fitting in the standard American bolt face a little difficult. Yes, the slightly oversized rims can be turned to fit.