22 ARC

What I was most interested in was the bullet, Looks very interesting. Ill wait and see if anyone other than hornady makes brass for it, Hopefully they do and then when my 22 nosler barrel burns out ill think about it. Ill admit the comments are fun to read though hahaha

How is hornady going to kill you on brass? From what I've just saw it's a 22grendel or 224 Grendel with .020" more freebore. Grendel brass should work but would probably need neck turned. Sargent of arms is making Grendel/arc die to combat the Grendel belt. Alpha munitions is listing reamers and I'd assume brass from them will be available eventually. Plus all the Lapua ways of going about making brass if you wanted to.

22arc is being released at a better time than 6arc was that's for sure.
I state it as what Hornady has done with newer cartridges! Where's the brass supply on their prc line..........non-existent to way far in between! Not any different than Federal on the 224V.

I state it as what Hornady has done with newer cartridges! Where's the brass supply on their prc line..........non-existent to way far in between! Not any different than Federal on the 224V.
True but I'd only buy hornady brass as a last resort. I paid for it but I got lapua 300prc brass for my prc. Alpha and adg and Peterson are what kept the prc line alive for sure. I saw retumbo online the other day so hopefully things are getting beck to normal.

It's an ill-fated Valk or a newer ppc! Nothing to gain as it's only marketing and Hornady WILL kill you on brass regardless of the other 20 manufacturers who've joined their cult!

Per their podcast they had a lot of difficulty tuning the Valk when they were developing their factory ammo which echos the many shooters that were calling it a finicky cartridge to tune.

The gain will be good factory ammo and the new 62 VT bullets will make it more advantageous to those who want the better performance over the .224 Valk.

Per their podcast they had a lot of difficulty tuning the Valk when they were developing their factory ammo which echos the many shooters that were calling it a finicky cartridge to tune.

The gain will be good factory ammo and the new 62 VT bullets will make it more advantageous to those who want the better performance over the .224 Valk.
Out of a dozen people I know who bought into the 224 valkyrie maybe 1 got it to shoot good.

The PPC family of cartridges are known for being easy to tune and have wide nodes

Out of a dozen people I know who bought into the 224 valkyrie maybe 1 got it to shoot good.

The PPC family of cartridges are known for being easy to tune and have wide nodes
Those would be my go-to's on optional 22cals. 5.45x39 limits options to 1..........well from Hornady it is.

Now if their 5.7 ammo has a non-coated brass it would be ideal! Maybe nickel would be more slick and not need to coated for function?

224 V with 80ELDMs over H4895 in Federal brass works well in multiple 224V AR uppers. "Red Rockets".
That's what I run, 25 shows really good accuracy for me but I've gone up to 25.7 in virgin brass with good accuracy, around 3000fps and 3/4 moa. At 330 or so, I was shooting just because at a steel target and in 3 shots

E9E20FA6-F4D8-4F36-9BF7-E4C9AB8629BB.jpeg
I've been toying with the 80.5 berger's and I have tested up to 26.5g(too hot even for a bolt gun). I will never buy an ar15 in the Valkyrie, it's been too finicky even in my bolt gun. Its not been a bad gun, just want something with more speed without pushing it hard.
I've shot a lot of critters at the longest distances with it but I think I'm going to parts ways with it soon, been wanting the 22gt in my bolt gun and a 22 grendel for years, now it seems the 22 grendel(now arc) is going to be available without reloading for.

I like to handload. And I've messed with wildcats. But readily available ammo for a AR-15 platform in a cartridge that can run the heavies sounds like a nice idea. Never understood the Hornady bashing thing. They innovate or at least improve many things in our sport and while I'm sure this cartridge isn't the silver bullet, with the price of components being what they are and the ability to get small rifle primers easily I like the idea of a non wildcat that sips powder, gets decent velocity with 75gr+ .224 bullets and uses small rifle primers. I'll probably build an upper and give it a try.
Small primers of all kinds are very available, although not as cheap as they used to be. My LGS has 7 1/2, BR4, 205M and MAR, RUAG. I've shot all but the MAR. All shoot good in my guns.

Small primers of all kinds are very available, although not as cheap as they used to be. My LGS has 7 1/2, BR4, 205M and MAR, RUAG. I've shot all but the MAR. All shoot good in my guns.
I'm sitting on about 8,000 CCI 400s right now and there seems to be plenty of them available at least for now. I should probably grab a few thousand more.

I've been lurking for awhile.. And should soon be able to separate some fact from fiction. I have loaded Hornaday 88 grain match, available at Scheels, reloading dies, modified case, primers, powder, and bullets. Currently waiting on a UPR15 upper to arrive? I was told it will ship next week. Primary use will be for varmints 400+yds, it will replace an AR15 6 ARC. I'm open to ideas for load work up. My goal is inexpensive and light weight bullets to make sure the PD population is well managed!