2015 f-150 wow

good to hear you are still doing well with your truck... I decided to dump my Camaro SS for a Silverado LTZ with the 6.2l engine/ tow package... I couldn't get my kids in the back seat any longer without a shoehorn and some axle grease... I figured if I'm getting a truck for me ( the wife now drives the Ram) I wanted the 6.2 in the truck...
BTW., my pops picked up an '18 f150 with the 3.5l engine and is doing very well with it.

My pops just pick up another truck for hauling the dump trailer and plowing. He got the 6.2l f-250 what a turd compared to the ecoboost. First thing he said was why can't I get the same engine that's in my f-150 he says his 3.5 pulls much better than that 6.2 the truck was just to light duty for the 22,000lbs bulldozer.

why they are still putting old generation engines in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks is beyond me... The only things I can think of are possible cost or complexity(more crap to break) issues... I've got more power in my 1/2 ton than my 1 ton work truck.

Yes if you compare the 6.2l v8 to the 3.5 ecoboost it's not even close. Same with the gm 6.2. Peak hp and trq are close but If you look at the dyno the curve is much greater in The ecoboost. I used to be a diesel guy but man the ecoboost is now my favorite engine. With just a simple tune it gains over 100 hp and trq. It is basically a Diesel engine that burns gas. Peak trq starts at 1782rpm and stays flat to about 5200 rpm and hp looks very similar. My guess is they keep putting those old ones in 3/4 because those type of guys still think the v8 is the only engine that can make power.

same with the 6.2l chevy (1/2 ton) vs. the 6.0l that they put in the 3/4 and 1 ton... Buy a chevy with a supercharged 6.2l and you are at 650 hp and 650 torque on the factory tune; that'll pull as hard as a diesel without a good part of the headache a diesel offers on the side.

Just purchased a lightly used all highway mile 2013 F150 Ecoboost. I was a GM guy forever, but this truck is just **** nice, and hauls ***.

This is an extremely biased thread. I just want to say to the guys that believe this...go read the EcoBoost forums. They ate not reliable. In the real world they do not get good fuel economy. The only thing they are good at is producing power with a tune. If that tune isn't perfect the motor blows.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.