2015 f-150 wow

Great to hear your impressions and satisfaction! F150 is one of the more reliable trucks around.

Build that camera. lol I just got my focus rs back from livernois after getting meth injection put on. Only problem is the clutch lasted about 5 launches before it decided it was done. I hear a lot of bad stories about the v6 from everyone but never actually met someone that has had problems. My family has over 20 in total and no major issue small things here and there like a ait sensor. But all the turbo failure and engine is not real it's built up. Just like the focus rs cracks blocks. They have had a few actually .022% crack a block but thanks to the internet and biases they sound like everyone does it. Just like the Rams drops trans all the time. I had one a few years back and I beat the crap out of it. No trans issues. Only got rid of it cause it didn't haul like the ford. It was fast though.
Btw I was getting 0-60 times of 3.6. Lol still drive me nuts even after turning all safety stuff off I can't do a donut caymuse it comes back on.

The early ecoboost engines (for sure the 3.5) had bad timing chains. The chains stretch and become out of time. It's a spendy dealer repair but everything at the dealer is spendy. I know of 3 trucks that it was a problem in. From 90-130k miles were on them. The dealer told them it was a problem they had been seeing. But all brands have their problems.

Got back from a pd hunting trip and took a 2015 f150 with the smaller ecoboost. I was impressed with the power and millage.

You are right the first ones had some issues but the ratio to units sold was very low. They also found that was caused by fuel dilution. To much gas in oil causing thinning very common on DI engines. The fix was to go from 20w to 30w oil. Seems to have worked. They also had an issue with water build up in the intercooler and being ingested. But like you said anything new can and will have kinks to work out.

I think I dodged a bullet. I was so close to buying an ecodiesel from dodge and being the first year of those they have and issue worth high rpm cam sprocket sloping and dropping valves. I was very close to getting on other than they seemed very underpowered for what I wanted

Any of the large diesel's seem to be fantastic now and days. My friend just traded in his 6.7 ford with 260,000 on it and he loved it. Never hear bad stuff from any of them anymore.

You need to get on some of the diesel forums. You'll find they all have a problem of some sort.
One old guy brought his 2005 Ram 2500 to the shop for new shocks and nerf bars installation. He said he had dealt with black smoke all the time since the 2nd year of ownership, hence it is a good running truck at close to 200k miles.

snox801,

Where I live there are lots of mountain roads. Many time I come up behind a slow vehicle. My experience is some just seem to think everyone should go 35mph. When there is a short straight stretch I go for it. Do you have a way to time your pickup from 35mph to 55mph?

snox801,

Where I live there are lots of mountain roads. Many time I come up behind a slow vehicle. My experience is some just seem to think everyone should go 35mph. When there is a short straight stretch I go for it. Do you have a way to time your pickup from 35mph to 55mph?
Ya I'm sure I could do a rolling time. I can tell you that's where the truck is the fastest. Anything under that tire spin unless 4x4 and once you reach about 100 you are pushing a lot of air.
Even pulling a trailer that is the sweet spot. From about 20-80 they are crazy fast.

Well just an update. Currently have 180,000 on the truck and I have only needed to change plugs, also did wheel bearings around 160,000. I do lots of long trips while towing my job trailer 14-17 hours at a time. That tends to take a toll on the bearings. Other that that it's been very solid with all the off road adventures I have done and drag racing. Still starts easy every day and drives great gonna keep it one more year and get it to 250,000 and turn it loose for a new one.

Glad to hear it's going strong as I have a 2015 with EcoBoost 4x4 4 dr with the 3.55's--- not sure if it's a colorado thing (altitude of 6500-12000) or not but I only get about 16mpg ...can baby it on highway only at 60mph to get 20mpg, but anything at 65 or over it drops down to 16-17 and gets about 12 towing or climbing hills unloaded. They have some serious pep even when stock like mine. They are hard to keep the wheels from spinning in snow or ice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.