180 ELD-M problems

bitbythebug

I have a Seekins Havak PH2 28 Nosler. It shoots the 175 ELD-X's very well. I can't get the 180 ELD-M's to even hit the target. Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't had any trouble getting the, to shoot .5 moa or less in my 7mm rem mag.

I have a Seekins Havak PH2 28 Nosler. It shoots the 175 ELD-X's very well. I can't get the 180 ELD-M's to even hit the target. Anyone else have this problem?
What distance are you shooting? Wouldn't think 5 grains would cause such a problem.

Are the factory or handloads? Either way, do you have another box of a different lot number to try (trying to eliminate a poor lot of bullets)?
Agreed! The OP needs to provide more pertinent information.

I don't see 28 Nosler list by Seekins. So barrel manufacturer, how many groves and type will effect the bullets jacket's structure. waspocrew might be on to something.

I wonder if ELD-M jackets are slightly thinner than ELD-X jackets.

Bullets face higher spin forces as muzzle velocities increase (28Nos) and twist rates get shorter. You may have found the limit…..

There are a few threads about this out there. What type of rifling, twist, and muzzle velocity? At a certain RPM, the bullet comes apart. My 28 Nosler does the same thing. Carbon build up in the barrel contributes to the problem. Try shooting at a big piece of cardboard at 25-50 yards. Let us know what you find out please.