180 ELD-M problems

Hardly even shows fire cracking and no signs of a carbon ring. 300 rounds out of a SAUM is certainly not many and I was pretty surprised to see bullets quit reaching the target. Even more strange, they'd make it to 400 and pop somewhere after there....

I still LOVE the 180 ELDM and it was an absolute elk killing machine for the first few years I used it.
Same lot of bullets?

Ever try polishing the throat with some jb bore paste and see if it starts working again?

Same lot of bullets?

Ever try polishing the throat with some jb bore paste and see if it starts working again?
I haven't done that cause I had a great deal on 195 EOL and they shot so good I've never gone back to the 180 ELDM.

I believe it's the same lot of ELDM that I was always using, but I cannot confirm that 100%.

I haven't done that cause I had a great deal on 195 EOL and they shot so good I've never gone back to the 180 ELDM.

I believe it's the same lot of ELDM that I was always using, but I cannot confirm that 100%.
That's really interesting. Stinks but interesting. Vanishing after several hundred is the original, prototypical 180eldm problem. Really wild that it just started happening one day. It could be nonsense but I feel like I've heard the term "age annealing" before. It's sort of what I attribute some lost deer to that my cousin had with our grandfather's old rifle. Moderate speed ammo but old as the hills. Anyway it's the equivalent of saying "haunted ammo" but it's more fun to say than "bad qc"