156 Berger 6.5 PRC

I sold him the barrel. There is only 200 down the tube. No way I put 400-600 down it, I would never have sold the barrel
I believe you on this. That's why I have decided to take it to a very well known shop to see if it's something I have done or the action I'm using.

2900. I have decided it's a barrel problem. I loaded 51gr h1000 and hard pressure issues
so, are you east of lubbock or north for a 2 hour drive? i'm in canadian (806 of course). if you want to try some other powders, i have several others?

so, are you east of lubbock or north for a 2 hour drive? i'm in canadian (806 of course). if you want to try some other powders, i have several others?
Thanks for the offer. I know it's not a powder problem. I tried h1000 and retumbo. Will try again once barrel gets back from the manufacturer.

My new barrel will be a 22" 6.5 prc
From the gunsmith on the new barrel

I asked about the aw2 reamer vs alpha

The Alpha reamer has a slightly larger base diameter like the AW2 and Manson M2 to avoid the extraction issues with reloads. The only slight difference in the Alpha is the freebore is .187" instead of .188" but the Alpha freebore diameter is .265" instead of .2645" which is a negligible difference. I went with the Alpha reamer because it's carbide and lasts longer because I do so many 6.5 PRCs, it's been working out great.

Recent Posts