12x42 or 10x50 NL Pure's

Who are you ordering the Pures through?
Jordan over at Redhawk Rifles but be advised they're more than likely going to be special ordered and they may take longer than most other dealers due to dealer allocation. Previously bought several brand new Nightforce NX8 4-32s through them about two months to ship them but they offered the best prices nobody could even touch over the phone and they did tell me I'd would probably take a while due to backorders.

I bought 5 of the 7 brand new NL Pures from them in June/July.

Received the 14x52s yesterday which are supposed to be similar size and weight as the 10x52s I still await delivery for with no date given which is exactly why I just bought another 10x42 which already shipped.

They're noticeably heavier than my 12x42s however their excellent very well engineered ergonomics play an excellent key factor in perceived weight while hand held. They don't feel as heavy as any of my SIG Zulu 10 50s nor my Vortex Razor UHD 50s even though they weigh in very similarly.

I would choose the 12x42 NL Pures over the 10x52 based on weight if you're hiking around with them. Also the optional fore head rest is a necessity for the 12s.

The 14x52s need a tripod and mount because even with the forehead rest it's still a little shaky but the 12x42s are perfect with the fire head rest and with significantly noticeable lighter weight.

In actual up to the face hand held glassing with the head rest, the 42s weighing in at roughly 30oz feel much lighter than what they weigh and realistically in a blind test Is think they only weighed 25-26oz.

I don't see any difference in low light while comparing the 12x42 and 14x52.

Think of the 12x42s as a 10x50 offered by cheaper premium quality brands of bins such as Zeiss Victory SF but much lighter and sharper and brighter less CA fantastic.

Last edited: