Whole herd of wild hogs charge two hunters!

Multiple times I have responded to an add that says "We need help, come kill hogs" or something to that affect only to find out that it is "only" $300.00 a day just to shoot one feral hog. If property owners truly wanted help, they would allow you to come eradicate the hogs for free.
Someone in another post blamed the "government" for causing some of the problem. I know that in Kalifornia, you used to buy pig tags/permit for $5.00 for five tags. The tags were good year round as there was no season. Now you pay $25.00 dollars a tag and have to take the carcass out of the field. The F & G Dept. now treats feral pigs as "game" species. Really a pathetic situation.
To capture a feral pig, pen it up and "finish" it on grain or pellets, in my opinion, is just a waste of time and money. You can buy really prime pork in the market for less money and less hassle.
As for those people that want "share" the captured feral hogs with other states, you are not doing anyone any favors by spreading this plague to other locations. Feral hogs are very prolific and do billions of dollars of damage to agriculture and wildlife every year.
I'm not sure how this is going to play out for the 2024 hunting season in California but the Department of Fish and Wildlife was getting some pushback from legislators on their handling of the wild pig population/problem and landowners complaints/property damage. The below link is what was being discussed, so possible changes to the hunting regulations may be taking place this season.

I know that there is a huge problem with hogs and yotes here in GA . So we try to HUNT and shoot everyone we can.

I am impressed with your way of thinking and reply. MY refer to "Brandon" was his idiotic view of hunters and equipment used. Was not PRO Brandon or liberals with his same views. If Brandon the liberals get this video they could use this guy as a poster child on banning high cap mags...
The BS on ethical killing, I guess that is up the individual hunter or shooter on how they want to kill any animal. I try to take good shots put the animal down on the first shot. AND I know where the bullet is going or don't shoot.

The person in the video was not a hunter, he was an idiot without gun safety and no knowledge of shooting. If those hogs ran between him and the cameraman that camera person could have ended up on the end that barrel. Just some WANABE that wanted to spray bullets and hope he hits something. Probably paid a few grand $$$ to a Guide and camera guy to say he is a HOG Hunter. Takes his video to the city and shows all his neighbors and tells about that he shot up 50 hogs that were CHARGING him.
This reply will be a candidate for my IGN List
Didn't that happen in New Mexico? They are still figuring out what to do with the director.

Not what I would call a "charge", for having friends who live in the South who have been literally charged by hogs, they had to climb trees to avoid being knocked down and eaten alive. A couple of friends had to remain in trees for over an hour, and one charged by a heard while deer hunting and after climbing a tree, fired every round he took with him that morning and still had to sit on the limb waiting for the living ones to leave.

I have only been charged once by a wild hog of about 200#, and it was a head on charge that was stopped at about 10 paces by a quick draw of my 44 mag revolver.

Yep! Looks like TX to me. Or possibly NM. Kill them real estate maulin' pigs any way and as many as you can. There is estimated to be 2.6 million of these property destroying vermin roaming the Lone Star State. Me? I'm a founding member of the S TX Turkey Vulture and Fire Ant Preservation Society. Feral hogs are our most abundant gift to vultures and ants . Give me a break with your ethical hunting BS applied to feral hogs. The only difference between hogs and rats is hogs taste better up to 100 lbs. And Brandon? Well, if I share what I think about him and his perverse ilk, I'll probably get banned from LRH.
I am also a member of buzzards forever.

Hogs are a destructive force that feed on an already harsh environment. Heck even rattle snakes are learning not to rattle so that they don't get eaten. They have legalized helicopter hunting at night with thermals for feral hogs. Heck they didn't even do that for coyotes killing livestock and we all know how important livestock is in Texas.

Anyone who has hunted in Texas consistently for the last 30 years can tell you the difference in the number of ground nesting birds from 1993 vs 2023. Not to mention the deer. People who are not from Texas don't understand the problems feral hogs cause HERE! This isn't Georgia or Florida or Illinois. It's tough here and our native flora and fawna reflect that. Now throw a large omnivore that can be born in January and be a grandparent that same year! They are worse than rats because they are larger and eat more.

I'm gonna get heat for this next comment but oh well...... I have and will intentionally make a lethal but marginal shot "high lung" on a hog just so it will run off and die somewhere else! I have and will continue to shoot into a sounder at distance in the middle of a wheat field just to slow one down and make a 2nd or 3rd lethal shot. I have no feelings when it comes to feral hogs and ONLY feral hogs.

Now in the video.... that guy didn't get charged and he definitely can't shoot.