Whole herd of wild hogs charge two hunters!

You are correct if it was a true charge he would have been eaten alive.
I had a sow put me up a tree one day and kept me there for a hour, one of the only times I wasn't packing.
Couple of years ago I had a boar charge me, he took 6 230g 45 rounds, the last round was about 5 feet away between the eyes.
I agree! I've been literally hunting boar since I was a baby in diapers. My dad carried me in his special made pack. Drove my mom nuts but he did it with all of us. I've been ran over, bitten, cut, almost lost my thumb, bounced around on a boars snout like a seal plays with a ball etc through the years. I've grabbed numerous boars over 180-200+ pounds dressed weight with no dogs because they killed my dogs and returned the favor with my knife. Our dogs gave their life for me I owe them the same.

This is just pigs trying to get away n happen to run towards the shooter. Have had this happen too many times to count.

If you actually get charged n not a mock charge you'll know it.

I don't understand all the hate on this video. Sure, he got overexcited and just sprayed at the pigs when they got close. That rarely works. But maybe his scope was cranked up to 14x and he couldn't see? I counted 4 hits. Plus he hit at least one in his "pray and spray" moment. So maybe the guy isn't a crack shot. Running pigs aren't a 'gimme' shot.

I agree, that wasn't a charge, that was just running pigs, but it did look like fun. Lighten up guys. They are just pigs and dudes out having fun.

They also destroy Turkey and Quail nests, newborn calves.
The other night I caught some on camera so I loaded up for the kill, the wind was wrong for me to move into where they were but I did anyway.
When I got to where I could see the camera location they weren't there, but when I was scanning with my NV gear I started hearing something to my left, like a weird funky growl, then I heard what I recognized, teeth popping, I started scanning to the left and I could see him sneaking his way towards me, it was a big boar and he got a 5.56 to the brain.
After that I got back to the vehicle so I didn't get eaten
When you hear them start popping their teeth, you're being warned and you are in trouble !

Twice I've been "charged" by hogs and both times after I got my heart rate somewhere south of 200bpm I realized that I was blocking their escape route and they were just trying to get away but I can tell you that adrenaline is quite the punisher after the actual danger has passed. The shakes and weak knees are no fun... LOL

I met a guy once that had been treed by a huge boar and he had pics to prove it. Before he climbed the tree the boar cut him so badly he required 210 stiches to sew him up at the hospital. Hog hunting can be very dangerous especially when there's a sow in heat around and the boars are trying to breed her.

Having said all that I actually long for the days of hog hunting in south Florida when I lived there. It doesn't actually take a big bore cartridge to kill most hogs. I killed plenty with my 10mm handgun and it rarely if ever required two shots and yes many of the shots were on running hogs.

Having said that if you run across a big mature boar with the thick gristle shield all bets are off and penetration to the vitals can be pretty tough. Plus they're more likely to attack you if you **** them off with the intent of cancelling your life ticket. At that point you're gonna be looking for a tree if you have the time. I ALWAYS carry my 10mm Glock these days when hog hunting even if I have a 308 rifle with me in case I get truly attacked.

At that point you're thinking spine or brain. Anything else is just likely to **** him off until he bleeds to death and that can take a long time after his or her adrenaline is up.

In this part of the country wild hogs have been pretty well wiped out by the hyper efficient hog hunters and their pit bulls. Nothing can handle a hog like these deep south redneck boys and their hog dogs. They love to catch them and truss them up and take them home and "scour" them on a diet of corn and hog feed for a few months to get the wild taste out of them and fatten them up and then they're as good tasting as any domestic hog.

In their "infinite wisdom" the game laws have been changed by the powers that be to disallow any transportation of live hogs out of public lands and that's made hog hunting less profitable for the hog hunters with hog dogs and we're looking for a probable resurgence of the hog population... <sigh>

ck this guy out, pay attention to the brass ejected. When Hog shooting. I Opt for a substantial rifle and not an ar in 5.56,, just sayin.

I have noticed that before, the actions they are using seem to have a short throw to them.
That's definitely not the long throw like the brands of rifles I have.

One ?
My Friend wants on, a 10 or, 12 pigs,.. a Day, Ranch.
He HAS, Lots of, Ammo, 20 Round, Mag's and,.. Snake Boots !
Those Ranchers should be Bidding, on My Friend, as He's a real,.. Killer / Hunter,.. NOT like those, YouTubers !
Have them Ranchers send, Plane Tickets and, Motel accommodations !
I'd be, real Glad to Book him, for the Right,.. "Deal" and Ranch !
Have, a GOOD evening, all !
10-12 a day...those are rookie numbers.

Multiple times I have responded to an add that says "We need help, come kill hogs" or something to that affect only to find out that it is "only" $300.00 a day just to shoot one feral hog. If property owners truly wanted help, they would allow you to come eradicate the hogs for free.
Someone in another post blamed the "government" for causing some of the problem. I know that in Kalifornia, you used to buy pig tags/permit for $5.00 for five tags. The tags were good year round as there was no season. Now you pay $25.00 dollars a tag and have to take the carcass out of the field. The F & G Dept. now treats feral pigs as "game" species. Really a pathetic situation.
To capture a feral pig, pen it up and "finish" it on grain or pellets, in my opinion, is just a waste of time and money. You can buy really prime pork in the market for less money and less hassle.
As for those people that want "share" the captured feral hogs with other states, you are not doing anyone any favors by spreading this plague to other locations. Feral hogs are very prolific and do billions of dollars of damage to agriculture and wildlife every year.