Where in WA?

Live wt. estimate from butcher. Not sure about certified scales etc.. If I recall correctly it was around 100 lbs of meat. So it is assumed all bones heat and entrails were around 60 lbs.

Butchers are usually good at live weight estimates. I know over here they weigh with head and hide off for calculating there cut and wrap fee.

Nice. While I was Elk hunting last year I saw a monster blacktail, and my buddy who was on the opposite side of this particular ridge saw another. Both had large eye guards!! I hope to find one of those brutes this year.

I hear that. It surely was a mud and rain hunt last year. Although the day I got that buck, it was calm and sunny, with only a very slight breeze. The ground was still wet, and where there was no vegetation it was muddy. I had plans for a mule deer hunt near Mazama, but the few partners I had all backed out. I should have just went alone. I am still trying to decide for this year, head east, or go for another black tail.

This is one of the few states where you have all three species to hunt. I will put in for the multi season tag that way you can hunt all three weapons and hunt from Sept through Dec.

I will be driving through WA (seattle south, Forks South) down to southern oregon in a few weeks. My wife is in the market for a pistol and we thought this might be a good chance to check out some other shops for one. If anyone has any reputable gun shops where they have pistols please let me know so we can stop by and check some out. Oregon shops work also, no sales tax, but are the base prices higher?

Thanks!

If you can buy a handgun in WA, you can't buy one if OR, and vice a versa.

Ended up buying one in Idaho. I had called the Cabelas in lacy, WA., to see if they had the gun I wanted. They lady looked for 10 minutes or so then told me they did not. I bought the gun in Idaho then stop at the Cabelas (Lacy)to check out some other stuff. Then there was the gun I wanted to buy for 70 dollars cheaper.

Oh well.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.