Where in Arizona/ New mexico to retire

More like calzona now getting worse by the minute.. lol
elk hunting is good, but you'll need 6 years or more points for okay hunt and 10 - 15 for a premium elk hunt.
good luck on your quest….

Depends on your temperature threshold/range! As far as to NOT burn your butt off my choice would be the mountains. I've enjoyed Ruidoso, NM for 50+ years of summer and ski time, but live 400 miles from there. Northern AZ was nice. Either way I sweat just as much no matter the temp, even at 39 below.

Depends on your temperature threshold/range! As far as to NOT burn your butt off my choice would be the mountains. I've enjoyed Ruidoso, NM for 50+ years of summer and ski time, but live 400 miles from there. Northern AZ was nice. Either way I sweat just as much no matter the temp, even at 39 below.

Been to Ruidoso, beautiful weather.

Wife and I looking to buy land up in Northern AZ to get away from the heat. In the summer I walk outside and start sweating profusely, I can get dehydrated easy. So the plan is to get away.

Bowen and raised in south eastern Arizona. I prefer that area between Wilcox and Bisbee and Douglas AZ. and rRodeo New Mexico not real hot and not real cold. Good dove & quail hunting fair duck hunting fun javalina hunting and if your lucky to get a tag for coues deer and or mule deer. Not far from some pine covered 9000 foot Chiricahua mountains
I have a ton of family in Douglas and Bisbee.